How to Increase Max Core Clock Limit?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by SuAsDu, Sep 1, 2006.

1. SuAsDu

SuAsDu New Member

Hi Folks,

I have an interesting problem that has never happened to me before.

I am currently overclocking a 7300GT, and it is going very well. The problem that I have is that default clock on the GPU is like 350Mhz.

I have moved the slider to the complete right, and get a max of 525Mhz on stock air cooling. 3DMark runs fine at this GPU speed, so I want to go beyond the 525Mhz mark.

So here is the question - How do I increase the limit of the slider? I would like to take it to maybe 700Mhz limit (don't think I will reach it).

Any tips or advice on how to maniuplate the Core Clock limit would greatly be appreciated.

SAD

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

PowerUser -> Open RivaTuner.rtd -> expand RivaTuner ... \ Overclocking \ Global and tune MaxClockLimit there. And don't forget to read help for this value before changing it.

3. Tenacity

Tenacity New Member

This works great for my 7600GT. I set the minimum to 0, so I can set the lowest clock and memory frequency to nearly 25% of its default. Is there any disadvantage by decreasing the clock and memory frequency in 2D mode?

Thx

Last edited: May 25, 2007