Weird bug with 64-bit games

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Brotoles, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Brotoles

Brotoles New Member

Hello, I'd like to report an issue I'm having when playing 64-bit games using RTSS v6.4.0

I mostly use RTSS as a frame limiter: for games which can't run a stable 60fps at maximum settings, I prefer to lock the frame rate at 30fps, and use the extra budget to enable all the visual options

But on 64-bit games, I'm having to press a key on the keyboard or click the mouse for RTSS to "kick in" and start controlling the frame rate. Since I play my games mostly using an Xbox One gamepad, I have to reach for the keyboard or mouse everytime for RTSS to work.

It's not something too bothersome, so I won't die because of it ^_^, but why does this happen?

This only happens on 64-bit games, if I run a 32-bit one this doesn't happen

I have 64-bit support enabled in the options menu, and disabled encoder service (though I also tried with encoder service turned on, it didn't change a thing)

My specs
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H with latest BIOS
    CPU: Intel Core i7 4790
    RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3-1866
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Audio: Realtek ALC1150
    PSU: Corsair AX760
    Storage:
    Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB
    2 x Seagate Barracuda 3TB drives (no RAID)
    One DVD drive and one Blu-Ray drive
    Latest nVidia driver (CLEAN install using DDU, but this happened with previous versions of the driver too)
    No overclocks besides the GPU, which has a factory overclock and runs rock stable