Samsung Galaxy S6

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Li4m79, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    No expandable MicroSD on either S6? Really??? Wow, that is a real step backwards IMO.

2. nexxusty

nexxusty Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Give it a rest bro will ya? S6 is not a Phablet.

5.5 inches and up is Phablet territory.

Furthermore, it's not big at all. You must be a small man with small hands if the size actually concerns you. Hehe.

I've never had an issue with the size of even my Note 3/4, not once.

However, I am 6'4. Not a small guy so these phones aren't big to me, not even the Nexus 6.

People with perfect eyes. Like me. Why see pixels on your screen if you don't have to? Using my Note 4 is a dream because it's the first device, basically ever, that you have to struggle to see any pixels. You really have to focus. Which is awesome IMO.

Agreed. Will not be getting the S6 because if this, and the non-removable battery. They will realise this is a mistake and fix it with the S7. I'd bet on it.

2600 mAh battery though? Please.

1440p is fine for phones. Not sure as to why you are saying this. Are you implying that because the screen is 1440p that the device becomes too hot?

Not so if that IS what you are saying.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  3. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    Confirmed the UK is to get 64Gb as the standard

source

4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Somehow,i can't shake the feeling that Samsung ran out of ideeas and brought nothing new to the table,except for the new hardware...or some parts of it.

5. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Yet another overpriced Samsung device

6. nexxusty

nexxusty Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Overpriced when compared to what.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    lol, so much hate. I'd rather Samsung stuck to what they know and improve on it. I'd rather that than coming up with some weird sh1t like HTC did with their ultra pixel camera which was of course nothing else than a cheapo camera.

8. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Well my Nexus 5 cost me £240, comes with the benefit of getting the latest updates, something Samsung still can't work out

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    And? Nexus 6 launch price was £499 for 32GB and £549 for 64GB version. Nexus is not cheap any more. Then there's iPhone which again is expensive. Any top device will cost quite a lot of money if you buy it outright.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I quite liked the camera on the M8, but it does more stuff poor than it does well.

Not sure how I feel about the S6 but phones have become boring in recent years due to diminishing returns.

The lack of an sd card support is off putting for people like myself who have alot of high res music, couldn't care less about the battery though, probably a good thing as it makes for better build quality.

11. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    I'm not talking about the Nexus 6, Nexus 5 is cheap and does the job perfectly well

Just goes how badly companies rip you off, but I'm sure you'll blindly buy it

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Google used to pretty much sibsidise Nexus phones to try and build a brand, i don't think it worked that well so they just went for the usual cost + profit model.

Very few people "buy" phones in the UK, most have been paying the same £40-50 a month contract for so long that they just continue it for another few years but get a new toy.

Personally i prefer sim only as 3 do a great deal.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    :D lol nope, Im tall almost as you.

Guess Im use to old nonsmart phones that could fit in jeans pocket normally, is all. Still using one now.. Samsung A3 would be great if it were 720p display and bigger battery.. Size is still acceptable.:nerd:

14. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    it looks good, finally... but other than that they just killed some fans with this redesign, no microsd and sealed battery is a big no no for hardcore specs fanatics, then a few missing features like water proofing and usb3, I would be damn pissed off if I were a Samsung fan now

15. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Keeping my s5 not worth the upgrade, this phone has everything I need in a phone especially being water and dust resistant.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Absolutely needs to IMO if it has no microSD expansion. 32 GB would have been pushing it for a phone with the ability to take 4K video and the UK certainly does not have wide enough 4G coverage to keep my entire media library accessible via a cloud service either (not to mention most 4G packages have usage caps). Kind of disappointing really. I certainly would not buy a phone without storage expansion options personally.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    That makes no sense. You can't just look at an old Nexus and say it's cheap and that Samsung rip people off. You have to look at the brand as a whole. And when you do, you'll realize Nexus is not a cheap device any more.

I won't blindly buy the S6. In fact, I'm still kinda tossing it up between the M9 and the S6. I might even wait for the next Nexus because I'm simply quite happy with my S4, it does everything I need from it.

But again, whichever I go with, they will cost about the same.

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I just recently learned to not underestimate the cheaper phones.

I recently decided to try cheaper decently speced phone and I've been positively surprised by it. The way I use my phone means that I have to only charge it once or twice a week (less than ten times per month).
    [​IMG][​IMG]

S6 is definitely a very nice phone but for that price... It's not worth the massive price increase. At least not in my opinion.

19. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    @eclap... you know you're gonna go S6 bro!!

its the next logical step from the S4....lol

the Exynos processor is looking pretty damn impressive btw, teamed up with the lpddr4 ram.... benchmarks are pretty beasting... (ok i know they do not reflect real world usage but hey ho who doesn't like high bench scores)

20. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    I have to agree, I'm taller and still think a lot of these newer phones are stupidly large irrespective of whether my hand is large enough to hold it they just aren't very practical IMO.