New ATI drivers 6950 displayport not working

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by machiavellian, Oct 10, 2013.

1. machiavellian

machiavellian Guest

GPU:
    2xHISIceQH6950 2GB
    Hello all!

I have been running on the 13.4 drivers (and earlier versions) since I built this system about 2 years ago. Had to upgrade to play BF4, so I installed 13.9. When I did the displayport to dvi monitor is not recognized (even if booted with only the DP monitor) I have an active adapter, and even purchased a new startech MDP2DVID thining the new drivers needed more power from the usb port, and still am unable to get the 3rd monitor recognized. I have also tried ALL the beta releases of the catalyst drivers post 13.9 with the same result. The monitor works up through the windows splash screen, then goes dark. If I roll back to 13.4 the monitor works just peachy! I'm at a loss of what to do next, short of replacing the cards which I don't see the need for since they are more than enough for my needs. Any ideas would be so greatly appreciated!!

*Update - I have now attempted with 13.11 beta and still no luck. Also have tried from a clean OS install of Win 7 64bit and Win 8 64bit. Still no luck! Frustrating to say the least!

Note: I have written to AMD, and the response was to try the beta drivers (which I already had) and if the problem still existed to submit a ticket to the beta team (which I did).

Again, thank you to whomever takes the time to reply!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. machiavellian

machiavellian Guest

GPU:
    2xHISIceQH6950 2GB
    BTW I have also updated MB bios to latest 1604

3. blackcatak

blackcatak Guest

GPU:
    HD5870
    I'm having the exact same problem with my HD5870. I installed the new drivers and Poof no display port. I roll back the driver & all is well. Not sure what is going on?!!! Video card from the Eyefinity company & now I'm back to two monitor.

4. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Who or where did you report the displayport problem to ATI because I would like to ask them about my displayport problems on my 7990 card (3DMark bombs out as soon as Firestike test starts and Eyefinity in 3D mode will NOT display on monitors - they keep turning on and off and into powersave)

5. blackcatak

blackcatak Guest

GPU:
    HD5870
    I haven't yet. spent most of my time trying what I did until I found your post. I'm thinking of swapping my card quite frankly. Not sure I have the patience to deal with Tech Support.