Side Band Address/Fast Writes Options?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Roger_D25, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Guys,
    Within RivaTuner there is a tab called "Low Level System Settings" and within that menu there is a tab called "NV Strap Driver". Well within that menu there are many options two of which included both Side Band Addressing and Fast Writes. I know that I can enable/disable these features in my system BIOS during Boot-Up but can I also enable/disable them with RivaTuner and not touch my system BIOS. I realize the option allows me to Force On, Force Off, and set to Determince by VGA BIOS, but if I Force Off is it the same thing as disableing it with my system BIOS? Finally even if I can enable/disable this feature with RivaTuner is it better for me to use my system BIOS instead or is it the same thing? Thanks guys, I appreciate your help!

2. {LSK} Otacon

{LSK} Otacon Guest

I think that Riva Tuner overrides your system bios once its booted up. So Id do it from Riva Tuner

3. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Great thanks for your reply. Since I wrote that post I was told it is probably a good idea to first set it in BIOS and then also set it in RivaTuner so there won't be any problems. I think your right though, RT can override any othersettings. Hey is that your system in the three pics on your post? Nice system, that RAM is great looking!