Thinking of a new camera. Thoughts.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by Scorch666, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    I,ve currently got a Fujifilm Finepix HS 20 EXR, and was thinking of selling it and grabbing a Nikon S7000 as a replacement. Or something else in the £160 price bracket thats more compact.
    What sort of money £ do you think i can sell my Finepix for?

Cheers guys.

2. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    OK.

So i sold my camera.

I am now looking to get a smaller compact camera. One with at least 20x optical zoom. I want one that could easily fit in my pocket.
    Here are the ones i was thinking of.

Nikon Coolpix S7000 £152
    Sony DSCHX60 £195
    Canon SX710 £266

Please tell me the cheapest one is the one to go for. TBH i like the look of them all from what i've read. But moneys is tight so its a real difficult desision.

Please help me guys.

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

There are some great cameras around or soon to be released, but they probably are outside your price range. These have better lenses, processors, and sensors. Most of the compact zoom cameras have tiny sensors (still bigger than phones though) at 1/2.3". These are becoming more redundant as phones improve, which is why they are going to bigger zooms. In saying that though, even these should have noticeably better image quality than any phone. Don't believe the bs you see online about people claiming the iPhone 6 for example takes pictures and video as good as a DLSR, they don't know what they are talking about. The megapixel count of the camera also confuses people, as it isn't indicative of the sensor size, lense quality, or aperture capability.

4. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Any idea on when they come out?
    Am really liking the Sony one.
    To be honest as long as they perform well and better than a mobile and i can pocket it am not to bothered. I ain't no pro, its just a hobby for me. maybe ill get a better one another time.

Thanks Guy.

5. jimpauls

jimpauls Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 480M
    i would go for Sony DSCHX60, it is a capable affordable compact camera.

6. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Thats what i decided in the end. After countless YT reviews. I does look like a pretty swift camera. And it will fit nicely in my pocket.
    Now all i gotta do now is try and save up to buy it before my wedding day.

7. enchantedjas

enchantedjas Guest

GPU:
    2 GB DDR3 L Memory
    Hi, when it comes to a camera, we always go for a Nikon DSLR. We have been using it for about 5 years now and we are satisfied with how the images are delivered.