Take-Two sends a C&D letter to GTA IV’s OpenIV mod team

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Nosein, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    They know that it wont have any affect at all.

They've been paid and they know theyll get paid just as much when the next game comes out because the same people who are neg reviewing will be the same people to buy it.

2. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    They and the publisher are too busy swimming in the money GTA's made them.

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And those reviews are not even... appropriate.
    The review should be based on the game itself, yet people are bashing a perfectly good (even great) game because of the fate of a fan-made project.

I understand that people are upset over Take Two's actions, but, the reviews don't do anything to Take Two.
    All they do is show the game in a negative light, when it's not deserving of it.

Specially since this mod was for GTA4... go blast GTA4 review wise.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  6. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Think it's the right thing to do if you ask me, GTA Online on the PC is absolutely riddled with cheaters to the point where I exclusively play GTA Online on the PS4 just to escape all the idiots that have nothing better to do than ruin an otherwise great multiplayer game.

It sucks that it means banning genuine mods that are supposed to be single player only but if these mods are opening up doors for the scum of the internet to take advantage of online then so be it.

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    But GTA Online is part of GTAV.
    OpenIV is for GTAIV.

People are tearing down GTAV on Steam for something that affects the previous GTA title's modding community.
    And, doing it on Steam is pointless as that only reflects on the game. And to some extent, the developer.

8. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Actually you are both wrong, OpenIV is for all rage engine games (including GTA V) and it's singleplayer only. It doesn't even let you go online, taking down OpenIV wont affect online hackers at all.

9. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    OpenIV allows modding in GTAIV, GTAV and Max Payne 3, hence the reason why Take-Two has jumped on it.

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Was it also not allowing hackers to steal actual money in a roundabout way, somebody paid real cash for one of those shark cards to get all that in game money and the hackers could steal it all from them.....i am sure i read that was a major hack in GTA online this year.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Okay.
    I don't mod GTAV at all. So, I'm not fully away of what OpenIV is... but, I still don't believe it's the right move to tear down the game on STEAM using user reviews.

Those reviews should be used to describe the game, and the game is fantastic.
    People having issues with what a publisher does to a fan made project... should not be the basis for making a great game look bad.

12. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    I'm sure take two appreciates your sentiment.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I don't give a **** about Take-Two.
    I simply don't believe it's right to tear down GTAV, and by association Rockstar, on STEAM because of this.

A lot of the complaints I've seen are people blaming Rockstar.
    I just think people need to find a better way to take their complaints to Take-Two. Because, given how well GTAV has sold, do people really think trashing it with negative reviews is going to change Take-Two's mind?

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Many many people I've seen do not understand the difference between a publisher and developer.

Doesn't help I guess that some publishers are also developers.

Sure I remember seeing people talking quite a lot about Bethesda as making wolfenstein the new order

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    OpenIV gives a backdoor to GTA Online cheating when used with a certain paid subscription cheat app, so basically we suffer for it.

16. Sure, so we should BAN cars, because there are drivers who tend to kill people with them?

17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I'm pretty sure this is not as big a deal to compare it to cars and hitting real people...

18. Principle is the same. Banning harmless, useful tool, because of ignorance and greed of their management.

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Somewhat over dramatic don't you think, it is only a game after all, not exactly a first world problem. lol

20. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Take two and Rockstar are one and the same. Subsidiary.
    And if you don't think this "it's Take Two to blame" not Rockstar narrative wasn't by design.. well, dunno, i guess I'm not as naive.

And Rockstar will enjoy better shark card sales to increase their quarter billion per year profits from them (aka the real reason why this happened). In the words of their CEO, there's more wood to chop. (you/we our pockets being the wood)