How to get DDLive or DTS Connect working with every game in Realtek

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by BossMafioso, Jul 31, 2014.

1. BossMafioso

BossMafioso Guest

GPU:
    7970ghz
    Unlocked DDL/DTSconnect in every Realtek HD Audio and how to make it work in any game

Every onboard Realtek HD Audio (excluding ALC1150 and ALC2xx under Windows 7) with digital output can encode the surround audio to DTS or Dolby Digital you just have to install unlocked drivers. Here is newest unlocked driver R2.75 with install instructions inside.
    http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/72729438/file.html
    Unlocked drivers also allow you to use features like Dolby Virtual Speaker, Dolby Headphone, Dolby Pro Logic II/IIx and DTS Neo: PC(but here is weird bug and it working only with analog output).

The problem is that not every game supports this, but i found a way to make the DTS connect or Dolby Digital Live working with every game including Watch Dogs in Realtek(maybe it will working with other soundcards with the same issue too).
    First download this
    http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/63956719/file.html.
    Then install the VBCABLE and reboot PC.
    Go to playback devices and set the CABLE Input as default output device and go to configure and set channels to 5.1
    [​IMG]
    Open VBCABLE_ControlPanel.exe in VBCABLEDriver_Pack42b folder and make sure the max latency is 7168 smp lowering this value can broke sound and Internal SR can be set even at 96000Hz it still works well.
    Then you have to open GraphEdit.
    Press CTRL+F and go to WDM Streaming Rendering Devices and double click on VB-Audio Point, then from Audio Renderers select Realtek Digital Output, not DirectSound: Realtek Digital Output because this have much more latency. Close the filters searching window and connect the both boxes like that
    [​IMG]
    And press play icon. You can't close the GraphEdit because it will stop working.
    You can also save the graph and then just open the saved graph.
    It's all. If you do everything well the latency will be very small I think it is the normal latency generated from Realtek.

For unlocked drivers credits to 2bad and installation instructions with signing files credits to MrHelpful. The solution to make it working with every game is my discover :D
    Sorry for my english :D

PS. Thread name does not contain information that there is also moded unlocked Realtek drivers. I don't know how to edit it xd

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  2. tgshinta

tgshinta Guest

GPU:
    gtx 760 2gb
    good tutorial but the rear speakers are not independent sound like one in the test

3. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Thanks for this OP and others :)

regards
    ,RagDoll.

4. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super

5. RealtekDDL

RealtekDDL Guest

GPU:
    gts450 voltmod/overclock
    Thanks for the unlock!

Instead using VCABLE with lagproblems, you can FIX the source:

Games that use XAudio2 and has DDL stereo bug and no fix from M$, BUT DIY DDL 5.1 FIX here:
    xboxforums.create.msdn.com/forums/t/22533.aspx

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ital-yet/304c4dc9-ea55-48f4-b08b-9946700763fe

google.com/search?q=xaudio2 dolby
    -------
    Use a hex editor like HxD-Hexeditor, edit all XAudio2_x.dll files in C:\Windows\System32.
    -Use editor Search/Replace: Hex-values: Search for: 4D069FF12C08274EBC736882A1BB8E4C00000000
    -Replace with: 260E87E4C53CD24CBA46CA0A9A70ED0400000000
    -Save all fixed XAudio2_x.dll etc.

6. bomerr

bomerr Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980
    Thanks a lot. I thought I would be stuck in awful stereo without an extra sound card.

7. RealtekDDL

RealtekDDL Guest

GPU:
    gts450 voltmod/overclock
    BTW the source of the UNLOCK is from here with DIY files:
    techpowerup.com/forums/threads/unlocked-realtek-hd-audio-drivers-with-dolby-digital-live-and-dts-interactive.193148/

8. FearFactory

FearFactory Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX470 4GB
    Thanks :) i'm using my ALC892 temporarly, now i have Dolby Headphone again.

[​IMG]

9. hishamerrish

hishamerrish Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 TI
    is it work with via hd audio ?

10. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    If the "HD Audio" is a Realtek chip-set.

11. galneon

galneon New Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Slightly off-topic, but is DTS Connect completely broken on the ALC1150 even if supported by the board manufacturer? I have an ASRock X99 board with official DTS Connect support. When I activate it, it outputs DTS to my AVR, but only two channels. It's utterly worthless. I've found others with the ALC1150 under Win7/8/8.1 have experienced the same. How long has this been broken and why? :/

My 7.1 AVR is largely HDMI-based and has no 7-channel analog inputs, but (long story short) I have to use optical (and DTS Connect/DDL) with it from my PC to get positional audio. This means that since upgrading from an ALC889 PC I have a 7.1 set of speakers yet I can only use the front left/right channels for gaming :/

12. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    What about running HDMI from your computer's graphics card to the AV receiver, then HDMI from the receiver to the screen.

13. galneon

galneon New Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Believe me, I would love to, but running an HDMI connection from the PC with the EDID extension block necessary for audio results in subsampled chroma without exception, even if I connect directly to the display and skip the AVR. It's been the case with my display on AMD cards, Nvidia cards, on Win 7 and 8.1, and with every EDID override imaginable. No one knows why and no one to my knowledge (I've read the entire AVSforum thread for my display) has been able to achieve both 4:4:4 chroma + HDMI audio using my display. Furthermore, when I last heavily researched this depressing problem (2011), NO display of any type could achieve this over AMD and Nvidia cards. The 1.4a HDMI spec the display, AVR and cables conform to certainly supports it.
    So that is why I must resort to DVI -> HDMI and S/PDIF. :/ Honestly, I'd take no audio at all over subsampled chroma...

Supposedly onboard Intel chipsets have no such problem achieving 4:4:4 chroma and HDMI audio, which has always suggested to me the problem is some middleware that AMD and Nvidia have both utilized for years.

If anyone reads this and uses HDMI audio to their AVR and would like to test, look no further than this graphic (view it in its original size):

http://s807.photobucket.com/user/floatpoo/media/444_faq/tint-blue-rgb-1080p.png.html

If "Red' and "Magenta" appear fuzzy, congratulations: you have subsampled chroma, which is perfectly fine for movie-viewing and terrible for everything else.

(Note none of this has anything to do with the relatively new Nvidia workaround that forces subsampled chroma in order to achieve 4K resolution over non-HDMI 2.0 devices--I've been fighting for 4:4:4 + audio for several years now.)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  14. galneon

galneon New Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    (I'm double-posting in the interest of not having my previous post turn into an even more disorganized jumble of information. Please merge if you wish.)

I just posted this is in a similar thread on another forum, but am bringing it here in barely revised form for the sake of posterity and so that others with the same problem in my previous post aren't left hanging without a solution:

I took the 2.71 stock driver installer and added in the 2.71 M1 drivers and it's working perfectly now. DDL and DTSC both work. To reiterate, this is an 8.1 x64 X99 system with ALC1150.

The DTSC test tone only playing 2.0 in the Sound CPL actually meant nothing and I understand why it happens now. Selectiong SPDIF as default device forces the Windows speaker setting to 2.0, and while the test tone only plays two channels when set to DTSC/DDL, games with proper APIs utilize all 5.1 channels. This is the nature of the way Realtek handles real-time encoding. On a Creative chipset, when you wish to use DTSC/DDL you specify analog as the default output device. When enabled, DTSC/DDL is rerouted through the analog device so that the sound CPL and games with inflexible audio APIs utilize your specified Windows speaker configuration.

Unless the game allows you to select a speaker configuration or has proper detection (ie. it doesn't simple ask Windows default device speaker setting), it will default to stereo (2.0). So far OpenAL/Rapture3D games I've tested are working and XAudio2 games that rely on control panel setting are failing. The former group includes the STALKER series and Unreal Tournament 3, and the latter includes The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and RAGE. This is a flaw with certain APIs (namely XAudio2 but likely some others, I fear) which Creative works around (probably unintentionally--as if Creative, the murderers of Aureal3D, would do good on purpose :p). The Realtek application of DTSC/DDL isn't necessarily flawed as the fault lies with the flawed API (XAudio2), but I wish it utilized the reroute workaround for the sake of compatibility, even if it's an unorthodox hack.

I realize I'm talking to myself at this point, but what's worse than a person like me saying "Oh, I figured out my problem!" without offering a solution? When someone comes across the thread searching for solutions they'll find a post with a hidden solution. So here's a hex edit workaround to force 5.1 DDL detection in XAudio2:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...48f4-b08b-9946700763fe?rtAction=1400505261779

Note that on a newer version of XAudio2 detection seems to be fixed. Far Cry 3, for example, correctly detects DDL and doesn't require the corresponding XAudio2 DLL be hex-edited. I suggest only hex editing the older XAudio2 DLLs that you know are afflicted. If I spend much time on this and have enough games installed at the moment to properly test (~800 should do, no?), I'll provide a list of XAudio2 versions and if they're afflicted with shoddy detection or not.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  15. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    I installed the driver on my laptop and now dolby home theater is available. It doesn't have digital out so there are no DTS and DDL options.

The dolby home theater works very good in games. However, there is a bug. If the mic is active, the sound from the headphones/speakers would become mono. So I couldn't use the mic when playing games.

Also if I select stereo mix as the recording source, the driver would crash

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015

16. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Thanks for this! Sadly the method of using GraphEdit with a virtual cable is the only way I can get surround sound through digital optical while playing games on my TV. I tried using my X-Fi 5.1 Pro usb soundcard which can encode Dolby Digital, but I realized in almost every game I wasn't getting true surround sound and on top of it all, Ubisofts latest games didn't have sound period with DD enabled. I even tried the hex edited Xaudio2 files and I still wasn't getting 5.1 surround sound!

Now my question, why does this work?? It doesn't matter if I'm using my X-Fi card or Nvidia sound through HDMI, I can get 5.1 surround sound using this method. Although it's 5.1 surround I don't think it's DD or DTS. Also is there better software similar to GraphEdit where I can use filters to achieve 5.1 surround sound and not have to re-enable it every time I switch over to my TV?

17. Murcer_Borg

Murcer_Borg Guest

GPU:
    msi RTX4090 LiquidX
    This doesn't work entirely for me and I believe this R.75 drivers are modded with system files from R.73 or R.71 and are not original 75 files. Although this might work with some systems it doesn't work good for me as original R.73.
    The reason is while you get the option in Win/cnt.panel/sound/Realtek Digital output the option to select from Properties/Advanced > DTS interactive or DDL it desnt show up in Realtek HD Audio Manager there it is not within the DEFAULT FORMAT and then a conflict appears wich is not the case with R.73 DTS/DDL enabled drivers .
    Because of that conflict in formats and system control panel is not communicating properly with Realtek HD Audio Manager the sound is nothing like DTS or DDL and you cant switch from DTS to DDL on fly as you can with R73 . To bad !
    My Realtek is ALC892 maybe it is only related to this specific audio chip and may work with others I don't know but this R.75 doesn't work for me like original R.73 DTS/DLL enabled one from this site :

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...olby-digital-live-and-dts-interactive.193148/

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015