Audio not working

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Naossoan, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Naossoan

Naossoan Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX670 2GB
    Hi guys,

I just installed the latest version of MSI Afterburner and was very happy to see that you are now able to set two audio sources to record. I'm not sure when this feature was added so forgive me if it was in a previous version but I have not used it in a while. In the past since I did not have a Stereo Mix option on my sound card and I am using a USB headset (so Stereo Mix is useless anyway) I was forced to use Virtual Audio Cable and set up some audio repeaters to get everything I wanted to record. Kind of a pain.

Anyway, I recorded a game of DOTA2 last night after having set MSI Afterburner to record my headset and microphone. I had tested this out to make sure it was recording both sources prior to doing this by just making a short few seconds recording with some blah blah blah and opening the uncompressed .avi file in Windows Media Player. I confirmed both sources were recorded.

The resulting DOTA2 recorded game is approximately 43 GB in size. When I open this file in Windows Media Player I can hear both sources of audio just fine. Meaning the in-game audio as well as my microphone.

However when I open this file in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 the only audio track showing up in there is my microphone audio. No in-game audio is present throughout the entire recording. I thought maybe it was an issue with the MJPG codec such as I had in the past when using Sony Vegas but the video seems to be playing just fine as well as my mic audio matching up properly.

So I tried using AVS4YOU's Video Converter to convert the raw file to .wmv format and opened that up in CS5.5 but I still have the same problem.

If anyone else is using these pieces of software and has any input can you please send it my way? Thank you.