Need help with AMD Radeon HD 6800 "WDDM1.3" driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hyphen, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Hyphen

Hyphen Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6850
    On the 26th of last month, I decided to go ahead and trust Windows Update and install a driver that has caused hell for my system afterwards. That driver is shown here: puu.sh/aH8MF/03175c28ba.png

Since then, my display has been crashing while gaming. I'm encountering tons of issues. Sometimes I lose signal to my monitor when I launch GPU-Z even: puu.sh/aH8V3/335c481e95.png

Here's the actual Events history from that day: puu.sh/aH8WV/661654c86a.png

Now, I've used Display Driver Uninstaller and completely removed AMD drivers and reinstalled the latest ones from the AMD website. I even reinstalled ones earlier than the latest ones. This issue persists. System Restore is out of the question. Does anyone have any idea what I might be able to do to get rid of that damn Windows Update that has caused this?

2. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    I believe it's not driver related. If it was, the problems would vanish as soon as you changed the drivers.

I'm using the WU drivers myself, just wanted to test them, and I'm kinda liking them, system is running smooth and stable for three days now.

Check your hardware temperature, see if there isn't dust on the fans, and if your PSU is in good condition.