Not another Fanspeed thread!

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by NTree45, Oct 8, 2008.

1. NTree45

NTree45 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800 GTX+ 512Mb
    i just got an EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ and since it was a new card i uninstalled the old ones and installed the 178.13 drivers, upon startup rivatuner gave me the standard "i dont know these drivers" popup, dont remind me, go away.
    all seemed good, however.
    while i can see the temp and speeds of the core/mem/shaders i cant see the fan speed, also the low level button no longer shows up yet the high level one does.
    i tried to use emulation mode but that didnt change a thing

since i havent seen anything like this i decided to post and see what you guys think i might try to fix it

p.s. if i try to select direct fan speed and hit apply it usually reverts to auto within a second

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

1) Use driver level fan control
    2) Read what readme says about using low-level fan control on display adapters with integrated fan controllers

3. NTree45

NTree45 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800 GTX+ 512Mb
    1) i am only able to use driver level control
    2) right now im at work and cant read the readme, what im looking for is not how to control the fan (temps are fine using auto control)
    what im looking for is how do i get the Fanspeed in rpm or % mode, is that in the readme?

also, shouldnt the low level button show up anyways?