Adoption

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by anticupidon, Feb 13, 2015.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Hello fellow gurus!
    We discuss tech and geek stuff,but at the end of the day to hang out with our family and SOs.Some other things interrest us also,don't we?
    Well,after 7 years of marriage we want a baby,turns out that is difficult to actually have one.Turns out that we found a huge amout of couples wth the same issues,and the waiting list for artificial insemination is long and growing.
    Meanwhile we talked and decided even in the case we will have our children,we want to adopt one.In my humble opinion debt free is somehow "rich" nowadays.
    We know that we are not rich but we consider that we can offer love and shelter to someone .
    Anyone had/has something to say about adoption?

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Adoption is a really good way to go really if you provide a loving home :) There are loads of children that need a good home.

3. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I commend you in that you can open your heart and home to someone already in this world who does not have a home or love. If I were much more financially sound, I would consider it also.

You and your wife are incredible in this regard. Bravo to both of you.

4. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    I think adoption is a great thing, my fiance and I have also spoken about adoption and would like to do it also, Just not financially ready enough for it yet.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I agree with the 3 above.

With the world already being so heavily populated, why add another when you can offer a loving home to a child that doesn't already have one. There's a lot of children that need loving homes and a chance at a good life. Remember, most people are a product of their environment. Why not try to provide a child with the best environment possible, that otherwise wouldn't have such an environment available to them?

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Agree to all.
    Children are great, I respect anyone that gives a child a needed home. Even though I have 2 girls of my own, myself and the wife have always talked about adopting a child when our youngest gets alittle older.

7. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    I doff my cap to anyone who adopts and more so to those that are able to biologically reproduce.

In my country the bureaucracy involved in adoption prevents the majority of minors being adopted. It's a travesty!

8. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    I say go for it. At the end of the day it won't really matter whether the child's been adopted or not. Both of you will love it just the same and he or she will have become part of your family. What matters is that you both really want children.

9. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    This.

What country you in btw as here in the UK there is good IVF treatment but not cheap at £15k a shot!!

10. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Well said. To the op. Go for it! If your wife and yourself are welcoming a child to your loving home and plan to look after, love and care for someone in need, go do it without hesitation.

Best of luck to you both.

11. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    I'm from Serbia. The missus and I have already tried IVF 4 times but to no avail. Here the state gives you 2 shots for free and the rest you need to pay for. About £2.5k a shot, which is roughly 8 average monthly salaries. The success rate is really low, so you need to give it a jolly good think, not just in terms of cash, but the hormone therapy the woman needs to undergo is extremely aggressive as she needs to produce dozens of eggs in one go. This disrupts her hormones for a long time and increases the chance of getting cancer, so it's not a decision to make lightly. Still, worse things happen at sea, eh?

EDIT: oh, b*ll*cks! You were talking to the OP, weren't you? I'm such a plonker.

12. CyberPaddy

CyberPaddy Guest

GPU:
    migty 8800GTX
    If u try it will be easy to make the baby u need to conentrate on it when u final 'pop' hehe. trust me i have a 2 kids an i am sure both time she is got it when i was concerntratin on it more at a time when we was to do it! so i will say to u good luck an

13. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I was but your reply is just as worthy :)

I hope things progress with you and your mrs in the near future.

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400

My uncle was adopted by my great granny, he passed away in 2001 but the love he had for those two people who took him in as it was called then way back in the 30s had only grown in all that time, and in his last days all he could talk about were how much he missed them, my wee nephew is adopted and i am glad to say as his uncle my job to make him as daft as me is working out nicely, so really in the long term it makes no difference how you have a child, what matters is that you give them, as you say, love and shelter, then you are already qualified as great parents.

Good luck to you both for the future. ;)

15. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Go for it. It´s not an easy road but if you have a heart full of love and a wallet free of debt:), its a wonderful journey.
    Like stated above it dose´nt matter is the child is adopted or not. Its a cheesy cliche, but love conquers all.

16. FujimiKaido

FujimiKaido Guest

GPU:
    2x Windforce GTX 770 4gb
    I personally am adopted and i cant see any better way of living. while i dont have any interest in meeting my biological parents since i was adopted at birth, i also think it equally important to be open to the child's request to maybe do research to see where/who they came from.