Bayonetta out today on Steam

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 11, 2017.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    404 Not Found

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I totally missed this 404 :D

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

5. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    lol, i'd read the rumors somewhere recently but wasnt sure if true or just typical internet bs.

Shame I literally just finished the game for the first time - just minutes ago :|

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This is a fantastic game... picked this up along with Bayonetta 2 for my Wii U about... oh... a year or two back. Great to see this come out on PC. If there was anything wrong with the Wii U version it was its inconsistent 60 fps framerate and the complete lack of anti-aliasing, both of which should be non-issues on PC (assuming the port is good!). An instant buy for me even though I'm double-dipping! I had absolute no idea it was even coming out on PC. What a really nice suprise. :D

8. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    apparently msaa isnt working atm

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That's a shame but you can always force FXAA via the NVIDIA control panel, use an injector or even downsample the game from 4K as I would imagine it'll have no problems holding 60 fps even at high resolutions on PC.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I didn't notice any problems with it but I might just have missed it, game uses a lot of pre-rendered cutscenes though but they run at 30 FPS so they're easy to tell at least, game itself runs at 60 FPS and it's using DirectX 9 and 32-bit architecture.

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Interesting... it may be possible to force MSAA + SGSSAA using an AA compatibility flag on NVIDIA graphics cards then. It's just a case of finding a working flag, possibly one from an existing Platinum game such as Metal Gear Revengeance or something might work with Bayonetta?

12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Too little, too late, for me. This thing is 7 years old and a glorified Devil May Cry.

13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Locked at 60FPS...

Meh, I'll pass. It's 2017. Can't stand anything below 80 now. First world problems, I know.

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've been playing this game at 5K on maxed out settings with 8xMSAA (which appears to be working here...) and it not only plays like a dream but it also runs brilliantly and looks really great for a decade old game. This appears to be a very solid PC port with a good array of options to tweak. £15 is a great price too. It's such a stylish and over the top game that it's really hard not to like it.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    P.S. Anyone else finding the game crashes when you press F12 on the keyboard to take a screenshot using Steam?

16. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Going to pick this up soon! Played it a lot already on the 360 however a PC release is great and hopefully means we'll get some other Platinum Games in the future.

17. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Exactly fantastic!!!!!!

Must try the 21:9 hex hack tomorrow night

18. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    weeaboo game

19. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    OMFG! Now that’s a surprise! Yes it is old, but still having the option to play it without buying an obsolete console is great! Finished it back in the day when it released, on a friends’ Xbox360 and loved it. Later got me the PS3 version, but that was a crap port running a 30fps or even lower and terrible screen tearing. Pretty happy with this release myself!

20. Airwave

Airwave Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix GTX 1080-8GB
    I wish they didn't wait this long to port it to pc, but...Better late than never i guess. Vanquish was another outstanding title that could have benefited greatly from a pc release, it's insane action was litteraly begging to be played with higher frame rate. Seems to be a decent port too without the problems with fullscreen resolution that MGR and Nier had. MSAA above 8x should be CSAA, that Afaik is no more supported by Maxwell onward, so maybe that's why it doesn't seem to work for many?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017