The Witcher 3 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Hold on let me consult my magic 8 ball..............

Magic 8 Ball says ask again later. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    No it isn't.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It will be interesting to see how CDP Red cope with their first multi platform release, new consoles might be easier to work with but it's still a massive increase in workload.

The move to open world will be interesting as well, both from a gameplay point of view and also performance wise.

4. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce

5. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night and remembered, "I didn't put this on Guru!"

Thank you based STARAC.

6. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Who knows, first lets see the sys req. Witcher 2 has very low sys req. We already know how red engine works. Nvidia is releasing next year a new architecture GPU's so they will be faster than a 780. I think a single 880 will do the trick. After some mature drivers, some CDPR patches, or after Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition.

Also i remember they said that they tested with NO optimizations on a single gtx680 and ran at 30fps, probably with optimizations will run at 50fps on a 680. So a 880GTX in 2014 will run it at at least solid 60fps 1080p NO AA.

I really hope they will release 880GTX full Maxwell chip, not like gtx680 GK104 with 256-bit sold as a high-end card, and the card was mainstream chip with 256-bit.

Or probably they will do same as 600 series, 2014 880GTX a mainstream Maxwell, then 2015 like gtx780 GK110, full kepler (maxwell in this case).

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    From what I saw, well its a rumor from VideoCardz Admin, he said GM104 should be ready ~ Feb 2014.
    And I think so too, first sold as high-end & its price, then mid-range once full Maxwell appears. But it will have to be damn fast to be listed as high-end, I doubt 256bit bus or 32ROPs is gonna be enough.

He didnt mention anything about GM110 though, but from what i saw GM110 is apparently on track with AMD's 20nm gpus @ Q3-Q4 2014, so around the same time as 780Ti and 290's now.

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    yeah I plan to keep my current for now, obviously games like this'll laugh in it's face but it's still goin strong. :)
    *and the 880 sounds nice.

9. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    So how many GM's will be ? I mean 880GTX will be like GK104, a small-Maxwell ?

I think 800 series will be a more big bang than 600 series over 500 series (remember the performance 600 had over 500).

It really itches me to upgrade to a 780 Ti now :D But i hold myself and thinking about new gpu's, it's not really worth buying the same kepler card only enhanced/full unlocked.

10. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I doubt that very much.

I hope TW3 requires monster hardware to max it out. Given that Nvidia is working with them it sure will. :)

And TW3's engine is vastly overhauled by the way, I wouldn't look at TW2 to have an idea of what to expect specs wise for TW3.

It's a brand new DX11, 64 bits only engine with the PS4/XBO as the common denominator. A single 780 should still do very well, let alone Maxwell.

11. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The latest nvidia-games, don't some optimizations for those games, it means that the producers uses nvidia's tech into their games, txaa, fur, physx, hbao+, etc.

AMD games, like bf4, yes, they are more optimized for amd gpu's. Strange.

So from what i saw lately when you see the nvidia logo in some game doesn't mean that has more fps on nvidia gpu vs amd gpu, only uses some nvidia tech. Take it for example AC4, it's a marketed game for nvidia, you see adds with AC4 on nvidia's side all over the place now, that should mean that if i have a nice nvidia gpu i can play better than AMD gpu's on AC4, but it doesn't, it plays the same, only on AMD you don't have some in-game features. I dunno why nvidia is supporting some crap game engines and delivering their tech into the games, UE3 modified on Splinter Cell Blacklist and Batman AO, and AC4. They really need a refresh into their game campaign.
    On AMD, as least on BF4, there IS more fps on AMD gpu's vs. nvidia gpu's.

I really don't think the game will use some monster hardware, with NO nvidia tech. options activated (only red engine graphics settings) probably will put on sys req a 570gtx. Games sys req tend to put very low sys req. but in reality they run bad even with latest hardware. Also we talk here abour CDPR, not EA or Ubisoft, etc. so we need to keep that in mind.

12. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I know that. TW3 will feature a "ton" of Nvidia tech according to Andy.

Nothing strange unless my sarcasm detector is broken. Nvidia games are for the most part geared towards Geforce GPUs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpPqXdzl7g
    Nvidia and CDProjekt have partnered to bring the Witcher's universe to life. Impressive but a lot of those effects will also end up on XBO/PS4.
    I have no idea where you got that TW3 wouldn't use Nvidia tech but you're dead wrong and they went pretty far it seems.
    http://www.dsogaming.com/news/new-tech-details-about-the-witcher-3-batman-arkham-origins-ac-iv-sc-blacklist-watch-dogs/

The Witcher 3 is going to be an absolute showcase for Nvidia, this game will sell a lot of Maxwell GPUs. I wonder how TW3 will use compute (aside from the fur).

13. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    No, you said will use some monster PC to run it at max.

I was referring that i don't think will require some monster PC to run the game with the nvidia tech options disabled from the game graphics settings. I guess they will put some ON and OFF for TXAA, Fur, HBAO+, physx(i still think physx ON will ruin the games performance, as in every game that uses physx) etc. And use just the red engine settings. If you want to bump up the nvidia's effects suite, then yes, probably a high-end 800 series will do it (after proper drivers and patches from producer).

EDIT: Ok, if they will make it to target Maxwell GPU's at least make it happen so if i buy a maxwell gpu i can play at some 60fps (NO AA, single card).

14. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    This just seems like a game that would be perfect for Mantle.

15. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    And I think it will be true, because of Nvidia and CDProjekt's partnership. :)

Oh, sorry then I misread your comment.

This is what Nvidia wants you do to. ;)
    A full-fledged Maxwell chip (870/880) should crush this game at max settings but I'm not betting on 60fps just yet. You never know with PC gaming.

Agreed but unfortunately the Nvidia partnership makes that unlikely to happen. Maybe post launch.

16. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yep, that's the nasty part, they say, hey bro buy our awesome maxwell chip and when witcher 3 will launch you will play like a boss. Bought the card, installed it, run the game and woop, 1080p all settings maxed out (no aa) 70% solid 60fps, 30% below 60fps = RAGE !!:bang:
    Next step - thinking OMG i have the gpu from the nvidia adds, i need to wait for the lads to fix it and wait for proper drivers, then what time brings is a surprise, suicide if negative. :D

Oh, and the final step - hmm i saw those latest drivers they improve witcher 3 on maxwell SLI, why not buy another card to make SLI ? :))))))

These are the steps that make nvidia rich.
    You buy another card and play on the street with stolen power from the electrical pillars like a hobo. :D

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Am i the only one who thinks that screenshot looks average?
    If this was released now then maybe, but this is a 2014 game, as much as i love CDP Red, these guys need to push it ALOT more if they want to be noticed.

On topic, this is very much a PC aimed game.

That means that unlike console ports unfortunately it will end supporting old low end PC's, but it will also have options that even high end PC gamers can't use, so those expecting to max it on mid-high end hardware should give up that dream.

As CalinTM mentioned, this game wont have the funding that EA or Ubisoft games have so performance issues should be expected for at least a few months, we all know what the last game was like and that turned out great in the long run.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Imo lightning/skybox looks nice, that's about it.

Trees and whole foliage could have been better though..

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    LOD bias looks like its way too low(negative). Same thing as tw2.. I wonder why they make everything look really sharp, mainly foliage.

20. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.