Video recording issues

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by ProtoApex, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProtoApex

ProtoApex Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 680
    When trying to record videos using afterburner my videos jump around and are just not smooth. This is even when I try to record at 480p with 50% quality at 30 fps with both mjpg and rtv1 compression. In contrast with fraps I am able to get silky smooth videos recording at 1080p with 30 fps. I would really love to fix this because I would rather not pay $37 for fraps.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

FRAPS limits the framerate so video looks smoother whilst gameplay experience is hurted. You may configure Afterburner the same way.

3. ProtoApex

ProtoApex Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 680
    Framerate limiter was off in Fraps.

4. Unwinder

There is NO way to disable framerate limiting in FRAPS, even if you set it to disabled in options.

5. ProtoApex

ProtoApex Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 680
    Both fraps and MSI afterburner reported me getting 90+ fps while recording tf2 using fraps.

6. Unwinder

I repeat for the last time: FRAPS DOESN'T provide a possibility to completely disable framerate limiting during recording, it is ALWAYS keeping the gaming framerate multiple to recoding framerate (with 1x ratio when framerate lock option is enabled). You CAN configure MSI Afterburner to limit the framerate during recoding as well. You CAN read about it in the context help. Do it. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.