3dfx minidriver w/ DoD

Discussion in 'Videocards - 3dfx' started by enoch, Jul 4, 2003.

1. enoch

enoch Banned

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4870
    I will post this thread in the Day of Defeat site forums as well but,was hoping maybe someone here w/ knowledge on 3dfx cards/drivers could help.I have been playing DoD on LAN w/ my friend who has a Voodoo 4.The game runs too slow when he uses the default driver.With the 3dfx minidriver the game runs fine at 60-70 fps but,as soon as he clicks on a team to join the game crashes to desktop w/ no error messages.He can click on spectate and it doesn't crash and runs smooth.I downloaded the (latest?) 3dfx minidriver v149 but,w/ no luck.:( He's using the amigamerlin 2.9 drivers btw...

2. PCPETE

PCPETE Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS 320MB
    Its not a psu? My computer used to crash on a cheap power supply, but this may not be the case here. Did you try the 3DHQ drivers? I had a voodoo 3 3000, but it never gave me this heck.

3. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Tell him to update the game. (Patch it)
    If its ok when he "spectates" but crashes when joining, it could be a problem in the game.

4. enoch

enoch Banned

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4870
    Well,he's got it updated w/ all the patches but,I guess I should try reinstalling just to be sure.I'll do that and if it doesn't help I'll try some different drivers.Hopefully I can get this game running decently for him..

5. enoch

enoch Banned

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4870
    Ok,so far I've tried reinstalling the game.Tried the latest official 3dfx drivers,Amigamerlin,and 3dhq drivers w/ no luck.I've tried every version of the 3dfxminidriver for Half-Life.W/ the 3dhq drivers he gets up to 99 fps when he uses the v149 3dfxminidriver.He can spectate but,it still crashes to desktop when he tries to join a team!I can't think of anything else to try so if anyone has any suggestions please help!

6. Aropredator

Aropredator Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RS 3090 OC 24G
    What OS are your friend PC running on?

7. enoch

enoch Banned

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4870
    Problem solved!I remembered about WickedGL and it works even better than the 3dfx minidriver!Well,I'm glad I got his computer running smoother but,probably not as much as he will be.:D Thanx,peoples!