Every time I use AMD VCE my driver/computer crashes

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by someonelikeyou, Oct 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. someonelikeyou

someonelikeyou Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    Hello, I'm having this problem where every time I try to record something using AMD VCE my computer or the driver will crash, I'm not sure if it's related to drivers or my video card, I've tried contacting AMD through support but they don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

I've tested every driver since 15.7 and all of them have the same problem.

Programs I've tested it on:
    Action!
    OBS-MP
    OBS VCE

Action! will crash (and sometimes crash the driver as well) as soon as the splash screen disappears.

OBS-MP won't even open but the process stays open thus no crash log is generated.

OBS VCE will make the driver crash as soon as I start recording/streaming but the program won't crash it will just stop responding thus no crash log is generated.

When I say that my computer sometimes crashes I mean the whole thing freezes and won't come back.

I've contacted AMD through customer support as I've said and submitted a driver bug report with every info I've gathered so far but I've got no reply from them, no e-mail, nothing. The video card is pretty new so I would love to know from AMD if this is a problem with the video card or with drivers so I can RMA it or something.

My PC specs:
    FX-6300
    1x 4GB DDR3 Corsair
    PowerColor R7 260x

I can't find much info about the video card, but after searching I found this link with the correct information http://www.gpuzoo.com/GPU-VTX3D/_X-Edition_Radeon_R7_260X_2GB_GDDR5_V2_-_VXR7_260X_2GBD5-DHXV2E.html

Can anyone help me here? I know some people from AMD visit this section so please respond.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  2. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  3. someonelikeyou

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    Do you think it's hardware or software related?

4. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    My guess, it's both. In my opinion AMF(15.7 and up) doesn't work as it should, and it doesn't work at all to some people. But yeah, you should try to get an answer from some professional. Well, if AMD support doesn't know anything about it, that is a really bad start.

5. someonelikeyou

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    Well they just suggest things that I've already done like reinstalling the driver or completely unrelated stuff like this

I don't know what I should do to get AMD's attention, the only reply I got from the driver bug report was

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Give them a shout on twitter

7. someonelikeyou

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    I did but they didn't reply, any other twitter I can send to? I tried @AMD and @AMDRadeon.

I don't know what to do anymore