which driver for rivasoft??

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Raas, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Raas

Raas Guest

Hi all,

I'd really appreciate it if somebody in the know could tell me which driver I need.

Radeon 9500 (non-pro) 256 - and I want to make it a 9700 with some overclocking. Do I need the 9700 or the 9500 drivers to use rivasofts tool?

Love the forum!

Raas

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    The 9500 and 9700 use the same ATI drivers. Patch the Catalyst 3.6 prior to installing them.

From readme file :
    SoftR9x00 patch script for the Catalyst 2.0 and higher allows you to unlock 8 pixel pipelines on RADEON 9500 based boards and turn any 128-bit RADEON 9500 into RADEON 9500PRO and any 256-bit RADEON 9500 into RADEON 9700PRO. SoftR9x00 also allows you to perform reverse modification and to convert RADEON9500PRO/9700(PRO) to RADEON 9500. Additionally, SoftR9x00 scripts allow forcing RADEON 9800PRO capabilities on any RADEON9500(PRO)/9700(PRO) board. The script can be also used to block driver-level overclocking protection on RADEON 9500PRO and RADEON 9700 boards.

Q: How do I install the SoftR9x00 patch script?

A: Just perform the following sequence of actions:

1. Extract ATI driver into the temporary folder (e.g. C:\SoftR9x00\) with WinZip or just run driver setup to extract driver to its default location (usually C:\ATI\Support\).

2. Run SoftR9x00 patch script (read the previous questions to get instructions on installing *.rts scripts) for your operation system.

3. Patch script window will appear. Press <Continue> button after reading and accepting SoftR9x00 license agreement. Depending on the OS you are using, patch script interpretator will offer you to browse for ati2mtag.sys or ati2xvag.vxd file.

4. If you are using generic driver distributive with packed installation files (*.dl_, *.sy_ etc.) then select ati2mtag.sy_ or ati2xvag.vx_ in the 'Files of type' dropdown list. If you use unpacked modified driver ATI drivers (e.g. ripped driver packs from www.radeon2.ru) then simply leave the 'Files of type' dropdown list unchanged.

5. Select target file in the folder where you've extracted ATI driver. RivaTuner will patch it and display log window. Ensure that it doesn't contain error messages.

6. Install the driver you have patched. To do it use device manager and manually update the driver and specify *.inf file for the patched driver.