Swiftech H220-X Review Part 1 of 2

Discussion in 'Hardware Reviews and News' started by chispy, Jul 26, 2014.

1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Swiftech H220-X review Part 2 of 2

Overclocking Report and aio water-coolers shootout , Swiftech H220-X versus Corsair Hydro Series H105 240mm Radiator , Wish 240mm aio water-cooling kit would perform better ?

Hardware And Software Used Settings:

Swiftech H220-X and Corsair Hydro Series H105
    Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97
    Intel Core i7 4790K CPU Haswell
    G.Skill 2x4GB DDR3 2000 Cas9
    Sapphire R7-240 1GB
    eVGA Supernova G2 1300w Power Supply Unit
    OCZ Agility 3 SSD
    Swiftech TiM Mate Thermal Grease was used in both aio water-coolers on each mount.

Windows 7 x64bit fully updated , all updates installed.
    RealTemp 3.70
    WPrime v.1.55
    Cinebench R15 x64bit
    CPU-Z v.1.70 x64bit
    Asus TurboV Core overclocking utility v. 1.00..15

The long testing has been done , finished , and we got a winner by a big margin. I have tested for maximum CPU stable overclock running WPrime v.1.55 1024m CPU Stability Test and Cinebench R15 CPU Test. My rule of thumb and maximum temperature for a fragile 22mm Haswell cpu is 80c , anything pass 80c is unacceptable in my opinion.

Swiftech H220-X was able to hit a maximum 100% stable overclock of 4900Mhz at a very high voltage of 1.405v cpu v.core staying under 79C all the time during the testing period at 100% cpu load. Incredible performance by the H220-X , it was able to handle all those volts in a hot running Haswell cpu like a Boss , the heat load was massive to handle.

The contender for the Swiftech H220-X was the Corsair H105 , and I was very disappointed by this aio , I expected better performance really. Corsair H105 was able to hit only 4800Mhz Not completely stable at a maximum voltage of 1.35v cpu v.core only , ( plenty of BSOD + Errors and I did 3 re-mounts of the aio to try my best and give it a good chance to match the same clocks 4900Mhz at 1.405v as the H220-X , but it was impossible as you can see it in the videos at the end ). The very loud noise of the fans and the water-pump working at maximum speeds were trying very hard to cool down the cpu , it was able to finish the testing with temperatures of 82c at 100Mhz less than the H220-X and .55 volts less v.core. The Corsair H105 was unable to handle the heat load of the haswell cpu at 4900Mhz and 1.405v. voltage , so I had to do a 100Mhz downclock and use much less voltages to get it somewhat stable at 4800Mhz and only 1.35v , that's all the H105 had at maximum Fans , Pump speeds , it ran out of cooling performance that's the truth.

Clearly the very high end components and innovations of the Swiftech H220-X makes a big difference in Perfromance and it shows , all at a very low noise almost silent. To maxed out your cpu while looking for those last Mhz and 100% stability I can highly recommend the H220-X , unrival performance while silent.

Big thumbs up to Swiftech for bringing into the market such a great product , All those innovations , High end components and thinking out of the box from Swiftech on the H220-X is what separate the Men from the Boys.

The Winner Of This Overclocking Report and Shootout Is The Swiftech H220-X Gold CUP Award Winner For High Performance and Innovations !

[​IMG]

Swiftech H220-X Performance data and videos:

Swiftech H220-X video evidence full run WPrime 1024m CPU Stability Test, cpu at 4900Mhz 1.405v. hits 79c.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60gGYhsu_HY&feature=youtu.be

[​IMG]

Swiftech H220-X video evidence full run of Cinebench R15 CPU Stability Test, CPU at 4900Mhz 1.405v. hits 75c.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZQ31trmn7k&feature=youtu.be

[​IMG]

Corsair H105 Performance data and videos:

Corsair H105 video evidence full run WPrime 1024m CPU Stability Test, cpu at 4800Mhz 1.35v. hits 82c https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUU5R7LE1oE&feature=youtu.be

[​IMG]

Corsair H105 video evidence full run of Cinebench R15 CPU Stability Test, CPU at 4800Mhz 1.35v. hits 81c. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xPY4oFStWo&feature=youtu.be

[​IMG]

Video evidence that the Corsair H105 cannot handle the same heat load as the Swiftech H220-X , BSOD Galore and too many errors while trying to match the same clocks and voltages as the Swiftech H220-X 4900Mhz 1.405v. , all captured live for you in the form of videos as irrefutable proof of the testing done and the numbers provided on this overclocking report shootout. I was seeing 90c + before crashing , tried many times to make it run , but it was a no go.

Trying 4900Mhz at 1.405v. in the corsair H105 never happened in WPrime 1.55 1024M CPU Stability Test , temperatures quickly rising upwards of 90c and crashed BSOD in the beginning of the test. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxa4V68rfAU&feature=youtu.be

Trying 4900Mhz at 1.405v. in the corsair H105 never happened in cinebench R15 , take a look why - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPnP-8XaHuY&feature=youtu.be

I hope you enjoy reading it , all the hard work and long hours , heart and soul I put into this long and very informative review.

This will end the Full Review Of The Highly Acclaimed Swiftech H220-X. Until the next one , I'm out to bed for some well deserved rest

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  2. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Nice review Chispy

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'm sure we appreciate the effort. If I'll go for aio watercooling, I think I would go for the h220 ;)

4. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Great cooler, and the difference between a H105 is surprising.

Can you do a comparison between fans pushing air through the rad and pulling through the rad?

I'm thininking of buying this to install on top of my case but I don't want the fans blowing hot air inside the case, and because I have honeycomb grill on top the sound of the fan pulling air through those holes is very noisy.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Oh sweet! i had the normal H220, it was hard to get.

If i could only mount one in the Silverstone Raven RV01. :(
    I know it's possible, but the radiator has to be outside the back of the case.

6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you guys for the great feedback , I really appreciate it.

I am sorry I cannot fulfill every and and each one of the testing requested you guys have. The review is finished , over and I am done working with the H220-X .I'm working on something else now ,thank you for understanding.

7. JulieCMattern

JulieCMattern Guest

GPU:
    Thank you so much for providing this informations