Qnix QX2710 Thread - Overclocking, Colour Profiles.....

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by k3vst3r, Nov 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    But what does it matter if ur 96hz, is it more synced then or something or works better with movies that run on 24fps? Xd :D

2. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Hey does anyone know how the back light bled on the new crossover panel is? Just reviewed by ten syndicate but didn't notice a mention of back light bleed?

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  4. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I do not notice any wash out on my glossy screen and had no trouble over clocking .. panel is nice and zero dead or stuck pixels and i did not go with pixel perfect

5. Useless

Useless Member

GPU:
    1070 Ti - QX2710
    Is anybody here trying this or this ...??
    Are this screens locked at 2160x1440..??

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I can force 3840x2160 on mine but I have to drop the refresh rate I use 30Hz therefor it's pointless. Don't know about dynamic super sampling though.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I almost pulled the trigger on a 1440p gsync monitor, but I couldn't justify the $400 price increase vs getting another qnix 2710 led, so I grabbed another one hoping for 120hz and giving my 100hz qnix to my son for his new rig. Maybe gsync when the prices drop a bit. Was really hoping to try out gsync but can wait.

8. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    Having a problem with my X-star and Windows 10.

In Windows 10, the taskbar denotes open (but unfocused) applications with a small blue line beneath the application icon. When the taskbar is at the bottom of the screen, I can't see the blue line because it is covered by the bezel. Because the DP2710 has no OSD, I can't move the picture up.

Is there any software solution to this problem? A way to move the display position from within the OS, or maybe a registry tweak to bump the taskbar up a few pixels?

9. jolokiahaze

jolokiahaze Guest

GPU:
    Toxic r9 280x
    Hi all,

Firstly thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.

I tried to download yasamoka's colour profiles from the first page but the rapidshare link is down. Can anyone link/repost please?

Cheers

10. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Here you go, pal:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/coyn2hldsqkzjte/Qnix Profiles (2014-03-30).zip?dl=0

If you have a Qnix with a new panel, these profiles might not be for you. They were made for the older Qnix panel.

To know which one you have, new panel overclocks to < 100Hz and does not change gamma, old panel overclocks to 110Hz+ and changes gamma (higher - darker), brightness uniformity, and gets image retention.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015

11. jolokiahaze

jolokiahaze Guest

GPU:
    Toxic r9 280x
    Thanks mate. I bought it second hand and the original owner had it for about a year apparently. It OC's to 120hz (gf is bringing her DSLR home from work tonight so not sure yet if it does this with frame skipping), so I'm inclined to say it's one from the older set.

I'm pretty happy with the colours at the moment apart from whites having a slight yellow tint which I'd like to correct. I'm AMD so would the best way to do this be to apply your profile and then use CCC to tweak? Or would you recommend trying a different profile altogether? I've settled at 110hz.

Looking forward to having a play around with Color Sustainer, thanks again.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  12. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Yep, good chance it's an older panel.

My monitor has a slight yellow tint as well, very slight, at 60Hz. My profiles might then be very suitable for your monitor. At 110Hz, have you noticed the colors get darker and the top right corner dim? If so, you definitely have an older panel.

I have settled at 110Hz as well. My monitor does ~115Hz with the stock cable and 117Hz with a thick, 3-foot cable, although I just run it at 110Hz as the gamma shift and uniformity issues get pretty exaggerated at 117Hz for a negligible 7Hz increase.

If you're interested in trying out a few profiles, go to the OCN Qnix / X-Star club where you'll find ~30 profiles / collections. I'm almost certain most of them were made for the older panel, but you might find some profiles made for the newer panel.

I hope you enjoy using Color Sustainer. :nerd:

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I know with mine going past 100hz dims the top right, by 110 it starts to flicker with weird lines through it. I keep it at 96 now. If only we could get this panel, at this price point, in a thinner/better looking bezel.

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    anyone in the know update this thread with the best Korean to go for atm? Had a quick look myself at some other models and there seem to be new editions....

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Probably the Crossover 2795QHD.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CrossOver-2795QHD-2560x1440-LG-AH-IPS-Non-Glare-27-Monitor/221708397727

Overclockable but mileage may vary. Big thread on it at OCN.

Qnix no longer the same sold 2 years ago. Panel lottery, higher incidence of PWM, poorer build quality.

16. Useless

Useless Member

GPU:
    1070 Ti - QX2710
    Hello
    still using this monitor... got a good one going strong always running a 110 mhz it could do 120mhz but for the safe of 110mhz is OK...Only change I made is the GPU... Got an asus strix 1070ti in place of the Radeon 7970...
    Using the latest nvidia 417.71 driver Wonder to know the ETA of Freesync on this monitor and nvidia
    Actually I don't see anything in this driver for this monitor... anyone has some news..??
    Thanks

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    It isn't a Freesync monitor so it'll never support adaptive sync of any kind. That being said, it's a great monitor and at 110hz, it is strong performer for games too.

The only worry you'll have in the near future is if you go to upgrade your gpu and won't see any new gpus with DVI ports.

This is why I bought a new monitor, 27" IPS/1440p/165hz/Gsync beast :) The trusty Qnix (does 120hz just like yours) is a secondary monitor now. And it's as good a secondary monitor as they get.

18. Useless

Useless Member

GPU:
    1070 Ti - QX2710
  19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC