The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Nov 2, 2010.

1. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Yeah what a start! I realize that there hasn't been a Hyundai suv product placement recently haha.

2. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Seems because it is being sponsored by Microsoft Surface, should be interesting to see how they manage to cram one of those in to a post apocalyptic zombie fest.

Beyond that it was an awesome start, only thing the geek guys solution to the zombie fest... would that work given what we know about how people become infected?

3. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Should work. Soon after they left the farm, it was known that everyone is already infected; no need to be bitten. Shane's turning convinced Rick about what the researcher at the CDC whispered to him. Being bitten just appears to speed up the process. Waiting to see if they make the virus out to be readily adaptive to the "anti-virus" virus.

More interested in seeing at what point in the timeline Rick's shooting of that zombified little girl, while searching for gas in the very beginning is. The story is still catching up to that point. Want to see if they go beyond that or if the story ends there.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  4. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    I'm only half-way through season 3. :bang:

Read the top-line, but not too much damage because I've seen snippets from a year ago where Glenn had a fever.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Man what an amazing season premier. :D

The wait is finally over.

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    lolwut, where did you get that from? That all happened in the very first episode, that "timeline" at the start took place after Rick split up with Morgan and his kid at the police station and went off in his sherrif car. While on his way, kowing that he will run out of gas, he made one or more stops to look for some, one of them being the one with the girl. Then he eventually ran out and started walking until he got to the farm where he found the horse. ;)

7. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I'm just glad they didn't dwell on that area and got everything wrapped up and moved on in one episode.

That entire scene with Carol and Mary I was all "oh just shoot that bitch in the leg or something" and then it happened. :D

8. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    In Quentin Tarantino style, never saw that scene revisited. Just remember him looking for gas after he split from Morgan. Oh, well. Will just revisit the first episode since I'm missing that from memory.

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Trust me, I watched the pilot like 10 times since it first came out, I knew back then that this show would go a long way and I'm glad I was right. :nerd:

I'm also looking forward to the second series, one can never have enough zombies!

10. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    The entire season opener was made of awesome!

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    They really know how to entertain us damn.

The last episode was so badass, always happening something.

12. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Indeed they do

They manage to escape the attack of the prunie zombies, get their food and Gabrieal is so happy about it that he hands out the communion wine and told everyone to get legless... some people just take things too far.

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    :heh:

Gotta love dark meat.

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Another great episode... they stepped up this show big time. I mean we're into season 5 and it feels like a whole new show. So much better writing, music, atmosphere, pacing, directing etc. And then there is the gore... oh my.

Also, considering how last night's episode ended, I'm really curious how things will go on.

15. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    That last episode with Beth was really ****ing bad. I swear they just had access to a hospital set and were just "we'll make it work!".

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Even though I agree, I'm very forgiveable about it. After the first 3 episodes which were a blast, it was to be expected, we can't have 16 awesome action packed episodes. I just hope they won't drag on it (the hospital), like they used to with other places in the past.

17. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I agree Solfaur, hopefully the next few episodes will not be so.......slow?

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    We can only hope. One thing is sure, Rick's beard will get bigger and bigger as the season progresses. :D

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Great show so far, liking the new series, it needs to be on longer though!

20. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    I think they've struck up a decent balance in this respect.

So we've got three different groups of people going separate ways without a common time element!