Wireless AV with HDMI

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by snowdweller, Jan 31, 2012.

1. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    Hey guys wasn't sure where to put this but let's see how we go.

I'm looking for something like this (not specifically the one in the link, just an example):

http://www.cablechick.com.au/cables...-switch-1m-hdmi-cable-up-to-20m.html?ref=1055

I want to buy physically in a shop so I can get a receipt incase any problems in but nothing in any retail shops i've seen, computer or general electronics shops. I'm looking in Sydney but anything you can link so I can see.

Also if anyone has any brands I should be looking into or any experience on them would be great, DW about price.

2. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    that price is ridiculous just buy a longer cable

3. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    Hence why I said DW about price but thats OK.

Don't want cables AT ALL. I like seamless and price is no matter. IMO you can't put a price on convenience which it would be very much so :)

4. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    The Asus WiCast is probably what you're looking for. Here's a good review from Anandtech on it: http://www.anandtech.com/show/3978/asus-wicast-wireless-1080p-to-your-tv Note the section about the problems they had with Bluray.

Honestly though, if you don't need wireless it doesn't seem worth it. Convenience may be more important to you than price (and there's nothing wrong with that), but is convenience more important to you than quality too? You're going to be making a trade-off somewhere.