Rockstar sold GTA V over 60 million times

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well deserved imo. It's by far my favorite GTA and I've played them all to death.

I would reaaaally love some story DLC though, online is fine and good, especially since it's free, but by now there should have been new story content out. I would gladly pay for it, especially if they made it like in GTAIV.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I really enjoyed GTAV, never bothered with the online part. I'd love for them to release a co-op campaign update though, or at least implement it into future games. I really don't care about the random crap you can do online, I just want to play the story through with a buddy. It's one of the biggest selling points of the Saints Row games for me.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Id like a more streamlined story mode (as an option) where you can skip the open world part\s that arent integral to the story. Sort of like when you select...omnibus mode(i think its called) on a dvd series.

6. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Really wish the actual game (single player) had more content. It felt like there weren't enough missions or things to do in general.

7. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    hands down best pc game avaliable right now so dont surprise me 60 million have buy it, the games fantastic i play it nearly everyday do heists online most the time , i play it 2560x1440 on very high and the game looks sublime , becareful with the nvidia gameworks stuff pcss shadows and txaa they really hammer performace as as does msaa and msaa reflections and the advanced settings i have off they hammer performace but i use soft shadows , fxaa and 2560x1440 very high game looks fantastic games massive but not many bad textures in it anywhere the details amazing

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    While I would disagree that it is the best PC game available, it is a very well done game. But I would also guess that 10 million or less of those sales are from the PC version.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    That's exactly what I was wondering, how many of those sales actually came from the polished, postponed, postponed version? Because I can imagine quite a lot of people went for the console version (particularly PS4 and XB1) because the PC port just took so long.

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    And the very impatient people bought in on all old gen, new gen consoles and then on PC - R* maximum milking achieved. :p

For me it was totally worth the wait, as I managed to not get spoiled whatsoever in the 2 years, so for me it was like a new game, in all PC graphics settings glory. :nerd:

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I've seen about 5 minutes on PS3, and haven't taken a look into it for now. So more or less I'm still unbiased. I just knew I wouldn't buy it on launch since first it took them very long to release, so PC gamers have already gotten over the hype, or bought themselves a console version, and second, my rig wouldn't have been able to play it back then :)

12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Lol my buddy bought 4 copies of the game. One on PS3, one on Xbox One and two on PC because the first he bought from G2A got suspended.

13. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    Steam's 20 Best Selling PC Games in 2015

Grand Theft Auto 5
    Fallout 4
    Metal Gear Solid 5
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    Rocket League
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
    Mad Max
    Mortal Kombat X
    Elite Dangerous
    Arma 3
    Football Manager 2016
    Cities: Skylines
    ARK: Survival Evolved
    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
    Killing Floor 2
    H1Z1
    Sid Meier's Civilization V
    Dying Light
    Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    stats from gamespot

14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    The thing I'm most surprised is that CS:GO isn't #1. And without numbers we can't know for sure... they most likely have sold lots, but how many is still just a matter of guessing.

15. TBPH

TBPH Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 3.5+.5GB
    That title is worded very strangely...

16. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    thats the list from gamespot they have big youtube channel with daily games news , gta broke a lot of records you cant really compare counter strike to gta 5 yes counter strike is big seller but its more like graphics on a free to play game max it out on a gtx 750 its not a triple A big budget game with state of art graphics like gta 5

17. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    my top 5 pc games
    1 gta 5
    2 crysis 3
    3 metro last light
    4 witcher 3
    5 mgs 5

whats yours?

18. Srsbsns

Srsbsns Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid
    I wish they would release the PC sales figures. Rockstar previously claimed piracy was the reason they wouldn't release their games on PC anymore. Curious to see how this claim holds up. Steam has been available since 2003.

19. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    The pc version of gta 5 has made them millions im 100% sure gta 6 will be on pc but the rumors are gta 6 is going to be monthly paid subscription to play and sales you have ps4 and xbox one and ps3 and xbox360 so we know the consoles have sold the most copys , on the pc best selling game on steam in 2015 was GTA5 ,and i think rockstar was talking about cheating or hacking on pc not piracy but they have really cleaned up the cheating on all platforms , u get 3 strikes now first ban 2 weeks ,2nd ban 2 months, 3rd ban is 20 years

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    GTA V was insanely fun to play. One of my all time top ten games.