Gigabyte gtx470 audio output always pcm?

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by TeMatoJuice, Apr 3, 2011.

Tags:
  1. TeMatoJuice

TeMatoJuice New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte nVidia gtx470
    Is there some way on windows xp pro 64 to change not just speaker setup but also channel output, increasing from the pcm48 2.1 audio to 5.1 dts, or something pro logic ii compatible?

2. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    randomly, the only way i can get my receiver to force pro logic ii and dts neo:6 is if i leave my hdmi audio from my graphics card set to stereo. then my receiver allows dts:neo6 and prologic ii.

if i set windows to output 5.1 audio via hdmi, my receiver reads it as PCM. in this case, the only way to spread the audio to other speakers is via 'extended stereo mode'. see if your receiver or speakers support extended stereo or something similar?

3. grunger

grunger Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX970 4GB
    Thats correct, to output via HDMI to a reciever, set it to 2 speakers in control panel, otherwise the soundcard does the decoding and sends the individual channels to the reciever as multichannel PCM, setting it to 2 speakers means the receiver does the decoding.