Steelseries engine issue.

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Bendy52, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Bendy52

Bendy52 Guest

Hi folks:

I've been having a nasty issue with Steelseries Arctis 3 headset.

I got them few days ago, the Steelseries engine install a update to the headset to enable the 7,1 audio and other stuff.

The update is basically is a software called SS Audio.
    and when it start in the background CSGO conflict with it, and I cant use the steam overly until I close the task in task manager for SS Audio.

its not an issue with Steam overly cause its running in other games even when SS Audio is open in the back ground.

closing the software makes the mic abit choppy.

I have Realtek 1150 alc and Nahimic 2 + Nahimic vr as drivers for my board.

any idea ?

2. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    I would go to the source and ask.

https://steelseries.com/login?next=/dashboard/support

3. Bendy52

Bendy52 Guest

I already tried, they gave me the usual stupid support stuff like update driver and reinstall a clean version.

4. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    I sent the Link to this thread in their chat window and they indicated that they have the answer to your issue.

Contact them referring to this thread and see what happens.

5. Bendy52

Bendy52 Guest

I re opened a ticket, not expecting much but maybe they can check with MSI about the issue, as they must be working closely together, and maybe they can reproduce the issue with CS GO and Steamoverly in the office.

6. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Lets us know the outcome.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  7. Bendy52

Bendy52 Guest

Will do, no response yet as it was weekend.

8. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
  9. Bendy52

Bendy52 Guest

The head set is working fine on a friend pc.

its an issue with MSI or Nahimic 2 audio driver as i can tell as seems like SSaudio and nahimic 2 driver both are conflicting. which makes the steelseries engine settings not working and cause the issue in steam overly in CS GO and some Source engine games mostly.

the funny thing is that MSI promoted this board as Steelseries ready and they didnt even test a **** on it.

my friends old laptop had the headset working great, while my 2000$ Steelseries ready pc is not.

this industry is going down hill, and im now on SSengine 3.10.8 with no change.

10. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    You have diagnosed the issue. You will need to work with the manufacture to resolve the issue. It may take some time and I can tell that you are getting frustrated but it will be resolved with your persistence.

Keep us updated.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Not the same issue but I only recently realized you can't assign multiple keystrokes to mouse buttons or record a macro that would keep the assigned keys pressed (as long as the mouse button is pressed) in Steelseries Engine.

Sent a ticket, got a response saying it's indeed not possible atm but they will forward the ticket to development as feature request.

Whether they really did and whether the feature will be added is anyone's guess but at least they responded and are now aware of the lacking feature.

Ofc I referred to their competition as reference to boost my case :D (Logitech has that functionality in SetPoint/Gaming Software AFAIK).

12. Bendy52

Bendy52 Guest

If Steelseries dont do it as they working closely with MSI then no one can do it, i mean they wont respond to a small customer.

the 3 of them are ( Nahimic MSI and steelseries ) are working together and still such issue shows that show its only for promotional purpose probably.