Upgrade LCD Shutter glasses or not

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by Dansco, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Dansco

Dansco Guest

I got my first pair of shutter glasses ( ebay, $20)
    These were in an unmarked package, OEM I suppose, the only writing that might describe them is “reveal” stamped on a little 1” square plastic housing hanging of the wire. (wired not wireless)

I set ‘em up with the nVida 43.whatever drivers as I learned on these boards, and works great! I have 3d and it works, very cool…
    I do have an occasional flicker, but I think I can live with that..

What Im wondering is, are the ed-glasses fundamentally better? Should I upgrade to them? What would be the benefits (excluding the possibility of wireless, that’s obvious)

Alternatively, should I maybe just sell of some of my music studio and buy a set of “real” vr goggles (io-glasses) (only a half joking option?)

Thanks Im a noob here and appreciate any comments.

2. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    basically, all the glasses that flicker work the same way. Its the card that does the difference. I mean they all work with the same basical model. Even their dongle is downright the same in most cases. I have the E Dimentional glasses and they work great with the 45.32 stereo. BUT i don't know if they are better. My guess would be "the same".

However, some have problem with the Elsa glasses to make them work. Others have problems with the ED. So, basically my advise, keep those that you allready have, and if by any chance you give the ED ones a try and you like them better than the ones you have, by all means get them.