SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Yes, if the game is DX11, and showing a error dialog, then it is the SweetFX injector issues that not compatibility with Windows 8.1.

But as they are talking about no error dialog, but SweetFX works after moving out of Program File, then it should be DX9 game and UAC issues.

2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I keep my games on seperate drive and sweetfx wasnt even starting at all as the log.txt was never overwritten. win8.1:bang:

I was looking for a way for need for speed rivals to work on win 8.1 and nothing on the main post was helping. hour later i found sweetfx files on youtube that worked.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  3. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Diablo 3 is DX9, and just like I said DX9 + SweetFX on win8.1 works fine.. I'm curious as to why it doesn't work for him in Program Files.

You are probably using an sweetFX+eFX bundle, which the injector (eFX) is not consistent so don't expect it to work with most games.

4. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Yup, which I think it can be the UAC.

But anyways, he should try run as Admin to check did it is the UAC issues or not.:)

5. KIlowat

KIlowat Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660 ti
    Sweetfx didn't work for me on windows 8.1 when i installed them into program files (x86), and i always run them as admin.
    But when i moved them to a separate folder in c:\ it worked just fin. I have windows 8.1 x64.
    I don't understand how some of you say sweetfx works in program files (x86), could it be because you people got the x86 version of windos 8.1?

Also, how do you make Boulotaur2024 work, there is no injector file inside it.
    If i'm going to take stalker: cop as an example: I must place D3d9.dll and Dxgi.dll in bin folder together with injector in order to make it work. Where should i place Boulotaur2024 with no injector file in order to make it work?

6. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    DX9 was confirmed to work in win8.1 since RTM and we haven't heard anything about DX9 not working even in official release, not to mention plenty of people have confirmed it to be working since then. DX10/11 is a different story, that has been confirmed not to work since RTM, unless you use RadeonPro.

Boulotaur's injector has the shader injection built into the DLL's. Also you DON'T need BOTH d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll in the the game folder on either injector. With boulotaur's you only need either the D3d9.dll if you're playing/using DX9 or the dxgi.dll if you're playing/using DX10/11 on a given title. Same goes for SweetFX original, you only need the d3d9.dll and it's fx file if you're playing/using DX9 or the dxgi.dll and it's fx file if you're playing/using DX10/11 on a given title.

Honestly, now I'm kind of skeptical that you're running DX11 on Stalker CoP at all. xD

7. KIlowat

KIlowat Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660 ti
    I'm skeptical if you even have windows 8.1 x64. Stalker cop only have directx10.1.

But i'm not talking about wheter directx 10 or 11 works or not, i'm talking about sweetfx not working because of the reason i talked about in an earliar post.

Edit: There is a difference between windows 8 and 8.1, i didn't have this problems when i had windows 8.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    KIlowat : you sure Stalker COP dont have DX11? i just tried benchmark and there is option for DX10(.1) and DX11, Afterburner OSD shows DX11 when i set it in benchmark.

9. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    I don't and I never claimed to have it, heck I even have it listed on my profile that I run Win7. I do however know a lot more on this subject than you do. Also no where have I found does it actually say Stalker CoP is DX10 or 11, I've seen threads about it but none of the sys requirements on any site states it does, all DX9 no higher.

What? That your games only work outside of program files? Ben actually said it's UAC that could be causing it.

We ALL know there is a difference between win8 and win8.1. You want to complain to anyone about it, complain to Microsoft, there the ones who made the OS.

10. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    It's funny because I've seen threads which stated it has dx10/11 but the requirements don't state it does. Which makes me think it was patched in and doesn't work properly.

11. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    For fun i tried to get sweetfx work with CoP benchmark, but after i move dxgi.dll to CoP folder and restart benchmark, option to run it over DX10 and DX11 is gone.

12. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    ^ Hahaha, GG. xD

13. KIlowat

KIlowat Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660 ti
    Sweetfx was removing directx 1o and 11. I just assumed it had directx 10.1 like Clear Sky.

14. KIlowat

KIlowat Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660 ti
    If you don't have windows 8.1 don't try to help me with my windows 8.1 problems. It's not UAC, it's windows 8.1. I have seen lots of people that use windows 8.1 with same problem. Now that I have solved that problem, the only problem left is to use directx 11 with sweetfx.

15. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Don't try and help you when I know far more about the situation than you. For the record I've used Win8.1, I didn't like it and it's problems so I deleted the partition. I don't need to use Win8.1 now to know the issues or how to fix them. Funny thing is your problem is unique and I have literally NEVER seen it before, nor can I find ONE post where having a game in program files causes SweetFX not to work.

You wont get SweetFX to work with DX11 without the use of either RadeonPro or the SweetFX+eFX bundle (which doesn't work with most games.) Good luck trying to get it to work without them because it wont. >_>

16. KIlowat

KIlowat Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660 ti
    My problem is not unique. Many windows 8 users can't get sweetfx to work, and i'm not talking about directx 10 issues. If you google for it you will see lots of posts with people complaining that sweetfx doesn't work with their windows 8.1. My solution is new, it doesn't solve the directx 10/11 issues with sweetfx: it solves the problem of making sweetfx work with win 8.1.

I'm not trying to make sweetfx to work without the bundles you mention.

17. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Most of the time the errors are produced by the people themselfs and not the injector.
    The log.log file would help big time. It's just guesswork without it.

18. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    /facedesk.

I'm done, I can't even handle your level on comprehension.. Trust me on this however, your problem is not what all those other users are complaining about.

19. KIlowat

KIlowat Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660 ti
    You only came with assumptions anyway. I'm talking about something real that i experienced. But i'm going to look further into this problem to see what really causes the problem.

20. LukaTCE

LukaTCE Guest

GPU:
    280x 3GB
    How to get SweetFX work ?

I used this presets for BF4 sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/885/
    It worked only once but it lagged (it changed a pic every 5 sec) I started game again and it load few pic when map is loading and then it freeze but process is still running
    I downloaded this and it will not change anything sweetfx.thelazy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/SweetFX-Configurator_standalone_with_SweetFX_1.5.1.7z
    This is from log when it started freezing
    Code:
     [20:36:36] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain failed: 00000000887A0004 !
     [20:36:36] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully
     [20:36:36] Hooking swapchain...
     [20:36:37] Created DeferredContext successfully !
     [20:36:37] Initializing SMAA (width: 1280, height: 720)...
     [20:36:37] SMAA enabled
     [20:36:44] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully
     [20:36:44] D3D10CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully
     [20:36:45] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully
     [20:37:02] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully
     [20:37:02] D3D10CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully
     [20:37:02] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.