New UK Law Past Today

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Reddoguk, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    So i know many of you will not of heard anything about this new law but it involves Domestic Abuse in the UK.

Domestic abuse laws were amended today in the UK to help Police and Charity organizations identify and assist people who are being abused.

Abused with the aid of social media and tracking services.

In 2015 the number of domestic abuse cases involving Geo-locating/Tracking/GPS has risen by a significant amount and social media is in the spotlight.

More and more cases of abuse are being linked to sites like FB and others where the social media tools are being used as a weapon.

The government has used this to change laws on Domestic Abuse today ALLOWING THEM TO GAIN ACCESS TO EMAILS AND SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS without the need for a court order.

They have wanted this for a long, long time now because going through the legal system has lead to people losing their lives while they, the police have had to wait for warrants from Judges.

I'm not sure if the UK government has just successfully bypassed all UK privacy laws and the Data Protection Act in one fell swoop by using the fact that Domestic Abusers are now including social media in their tools to harm others.

I'll have to look into the law changes more carefully but to me it seems like they have won the privacy war and will use this new power to snoop on who ever they want.

First they tried to use terrorism to change the law but the UK people rejected that notion. Now they have changed the law because domestic abusers using FB/Twitter and other social media sites is reason enough to gain access to peoples PC/Phones immediately without the need to first get permission from a judge.

Couldn't find much on the subject, seems they wanna keep it low key.
    http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/dec/29/domestic-abuse-law-controlling-coercive-behaviour

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015