[PAY for SOLUTION]Games feels unsmooth, stutter and slow

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by venhyor, Jul 11, 2016.

1. crankz

crankz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 960
    i have a Gigabyte GTX 960 WF2 2GB OC should i do it aswell?

same setup, exept my board is the gaming one and i have the same issue ...

2. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Its waste of time, mby u get some extra performance but your problem wont get fixed. U just risk brick your VGA :)

3. XenonS

XenonS Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1660 6GB
    Here my little green book for game performances:

I use the tool ATIRadeonPro for ATI cards and NVInstpector for NVidia cards to finetune;
    In your case with NVidia, the game profile is maybe already in the drivers, so load them, or get the newest drivers (if it's an older game such enhancements are not added by the producers, unless there is a very popular demand for running a game correctly, I never saw this).

For 32-bit games I use D3DOverwrider to enforce triple buffering with VSynch on if the game is at the limit of my PC specs, this doesn't change FPS but gives more quietness to my GPU.

64-bit games: I don't play any 64-bit games on laptops, that's a killer for these devices. For max. settings such a game needs a GeForce 960+ anyway.
    A game doesn't need to run at 200+ FPS, 60 or even 30 are enough provided that you play at max. settings with no stuttering. By doing so your GPU says thank you because living longer.
    If trouble startd, instead of changing max. settings go down with the resolution. Then, if it doesn't help I put AA and VSynch off, if that doesn't help my system is crying for a better GPU, sorry.

The more serious problems start when getting some older 32-bit games working on Win7,8,10 64-Bit. I have just posted 1 amongst the many problems that can occur. One solution whcih is radical is to start these games in a virtual machine like VMWare with Windows XP Pro installed, but then they may still be too powerful to render correctly without glitches, artefacts. Getting such stuff to work is more an art than science iMO.

XenonS

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    If you want to, should get a 15-20% boost in performance.
    No risk in bricking a card, if its unstable you can always go back to original bios.

If you want me to redo bios for your card PM me.

5. crankz

crankz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 960

i did it, my clocks are running higher - 1443 used to be 12xx(cant remember) but i cant change from 60hz to 144hz

6. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Don't really want to wade through all the pages, is Triple buffering on?
    When i have triple buffering on it feels as if the mouse is going through mud.

7. crankz

crankz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 960
    its like im not running dvi-d... i can only get 120hz and lower resolutions...

8. crankz

crankz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 960
    nvm switched from dvi-d to dvi-i and its working fine.

9. crankz

crankz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 960
    so Agent-A01 do u have any more tips? im starting to think seeling this pc and build a new one is the only solution

10. crankz

crankz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 960
    Did u find a fix ? Same issue same setup except gaming board

11. crankz

crankz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 960
    bump

12. crankz

crankz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 960
    bump, almost 1 year later still having the same issue

13. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Have you re-formatted windows yet?

14. crankz

crankz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 960
    yep game will feel good for a few days then it goes back to the same.
    Same if i re-install csgo its good for a few days then boom its laggy again...

15. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    PM me mate, see what we can do

16. Noreg

Noreg Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1060
    Did you ever find a solution to this? I've had it for years.

17. antoniu200

antoniu200 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 980
    From my personal experience, I can say this is either an old Windows installtion problem or a CPU problem. But since your CPU is an i5 4460, you should be fine, unless it overheats. Maybe check some CPU temps in AIDA64. Under 80 shouldn't result in any performance degradation (there might be controversy about this in some other replies, but the CPU starts throttling at about 90°C, so under 90 should be fine, but very close to 90 is not OK). If there are high temps, replace the thermal paste and clean the CPU cooler. If the temps are fine, check the Windows Install date (cmd->'systeminfo | find /i "install date" '). If older than 1.5 years, you might be looking at a clean install.

18. fliperpl

fliperpl Guest

GPU:
    gtx660 gigabyte 2gb OC
    i fixed simmilar problems with installing optimized windows 2016 ltsb windows, maybe u should try it too.

19. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    Looking through all this thread, and don't think I saw anyone ask if he had tested on another computer owned by someone else who wasn't having problems personally and if he was fine on that PC or if he still saw problems, humans have biological differences, some people feel there is some kind of input "lag" because they are very tall and the impulses actually take longer to travel to their fingers, other people experience lag because they have mostly slow twitch muscles and not many fast twitch muscles, others see lag because they just have extremely good senses in regards to sight and are able to see smaller differences than other people.

I have one friend who is ALWAYS complaining about stutter, imput lag, blurring e.t.c, it doesn't matter what PC he plays on, we play on his PC and everything seems fine (except for occasionally where his constant fiddling with settings has actually borked his system), he plays on our PCs which are fine for us and he gets the same issues.

(weirdly he seems to have less issues on consoles, probably due to a well made console game being more consistent than a PC most of the time even if the framerate and stats are lower, he still complains about some things on console too though, mostly to do with blur and fps slowdowns on some games)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    akbaar, SSJBillClinton and mbk1969 like this.
  20. PcMrRe88

PcMrRe88 Active Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    I resolve every stuttering with gsync 120hz monitor , disable vsync ingame and limit 60fps with rtss !

akbaar and eGGroLLiO like this.