cpu temp RivaTuner plugin for Phenom II?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Brogan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I saw the Realtemp plugin developed by unclewebb and wondered if there is a chance something like that can be developed for the new Phenom II's.

I upgraded from a 6000+ dual core, so I do not know if the previous quad Phenoms worked with CPU.dll, but that is what I used to use with the X2.

I see the Everest plugin, but do not want to pay $35 to keep it past 30 days.

Did some searching around without much success, and I just wanted to find out if something like this would be possible. Would a prog like Core Temp be able to be used?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

3. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I'm not sure what that means. Link to this thread?

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

5. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I was asking about a plugin for monitoring the Phenom II's, not the previous AMD proc's.

I have the file mentioned in that thread. 68kb, right? As I said, that is what I have been using for my 6000+ up till now to view core temps in RT. Worked great.

Doesn't work with Phenom II, however. At least not for me. When I changed to the 940, there was no longer a selectable option in the Hardware Monitoring>Setup fields for cpu core temp readings (and obviously, no graphs).

It is still in same folder - C:\Program Files\RivaTuner v2.22\PlugIns\Monitoring

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  6. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Bump. Has anyone w/ Phenom II been able to confirm this yet?

7. telesto

telesto New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX 512MB
    I have a Phenom II and it doesn't work either. Just have to wait for support I guess.

8. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I've already sent an email to Arekhta Dmitri asking about CpuCoreDiode and if it is possible to modify it to work with the new chips.