Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB OC - DVI Issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Alexacroft, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Alexacroft

Alexacroft Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4GB OC
    Hello, i have a Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB OC i got a new case yesterday to be able to fit it in. a Zalman mini Tower everything went in perfectly and is secured. Now my off screen a Phillips Brilliance 190s on DVI is being reduced to a smaller resolution then its default of 1440x900... i can tweek this with the nvidia control panel and force it back to 1440x900 but then i cant read any kind of text on it if i do that... before i made the move it was working properly... and in the control panel it was showing as DVI now it just showing Display Adaptor under the screen... iv updated the bios for the MOBO the GPU i even reinstalled windows... nothing worked... i got the newest drivers nothing, i used the old drivers still nothing...

2. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    The most likely cause is that something isn't connected correctly. Make sure the card is properly seated in the motherboard and that the DVI cable is properly attached to the monitor and card.

The other possibility is that something was damaged in the move, either the socket on the monitor/card or cable.

If you have 2 DVI sockets, try the other one and maybe a different cable.

3. Alexacroft

Alexacroft Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4GB OC
    i just switched the cables from one screen to the other and forced the screen to its default resolution with the nvidia panel and its working fine now :D:banana:

4. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    cool, glad it was an unexpensive fix :)