Rivatuner 2.08 gives BSOD

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Indrid, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Indrid

Indrid New Member

GPU:
    2 x BFG OC 8800 GTS 512MB SLI
    Hey,

Whenever I try and enter the "System settings" for my ForceWare within Rivatuner I get a BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD which points to Rivatuner64.sys. I get the same BSOD if I try to uninstall it even, and must do it in safe mode.

Incidentally, I also get a BSOD if I try to run nTune. PowerStrip works fine, but that has no fan control (unless I'm missing it)

I've tried various display drivers with no luck. The annoying thing is it was working fine and all of a sudden I started getting BSODs.

Anyone have any insight?
    Thanks

2. Indrid

Indrid New Member

GPU:
    Anyone?

I hoped 175.XX and RivaTuner 2.09 would help, but I get the same BSOD.

Driving me nuts...

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

If you have the same problem with nTune, you've a good reason to think that it is not RT specific, right? Why do you expect to get it fixed from RT side then?
    Still dreaming to meet thinking forum visitiors, still a false dream.

4. Indrid

Indrid New Member

GPU:
    Excuse me? I obviously know it's not RT specific, but RT is what I want to use, so just looking for a little help on RT's forum. No need to be sarcastic or patronising.

5. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Try a memtest86+. Often memory is first suspect.

6. Indrid

Indrid New Member

GPU:
    Thanks for the reply, but I've run MemTest, Orthos and other stability programs a lot already (to test my overclock) and they've all been fine.

I just tried Gainward's ExperTool, but it doesn't seem to detect the SLI and only changes one. Unless there's a newer version of it that I can't find.

Just to clarify: I'm not a "newbie" and build PCs for a living, so I've tried most of the obvious fixes, but thanks for your help!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  7. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    OK, sorry. It's looks like a software conflict somewhere in memory.
    Do you have all updates for OS?

8. Indrid

Indrid New Member

GPU:
    Yes, I have all updates.

I'm convinced it's some kind of driver conflict somewhere, since that's the only thing I can think of that I could have changed since it stopped working. I'll just have to try different combinations and hope, or wait for eVGA's Precision software and hope that works.

9. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Maybe you could try a to delete/remove RT from a program like RegSupreme, there might be a problem with the registry, but I don't know much about that type of stuff. I had a problem a long time ago with uninstalling RT, I believe it was version 2.01 or one of the older versions. I didn't get any BSODs though.

Usually BSODs are indeed caused by unstable Memory, usually, but not always. There's an entry in the registry for RT, named Unwinder, under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software and also one of the same name under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software. Maybe try to delete both if you really can't delete the program. And then make a Registry cleanup using a program like the one I mentioned above, RegSupreme or Registry Mechanic for example. I guess it couldn't hurt to try that.

If all else fails then I highly suggest to uninstall your graphics drivers in Safe Mode and clean all traces with Driver Sweeper available here at Guru3D. Then re-install your graphics drivers, perhaps try another version (in Normal mode for that of course). Then after that try to uninstall your current RT version, and then try to install the newest one, version 2.09.