[POLL] Best MMORPG out there

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Noisiv, Jul 15, 2014.

?

What's the best MMORPG out there

Poll closed Sep 13, 2014.
  1. EVE Online

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. Guild Wars 2

10 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. Wildstar

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. The Secret World

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
  6. Survarium

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. Elder Scrolls Online

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  8. Neverwinter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Star Wars: The Old Republic

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. EverQuest II

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  11. WoW

20 vote(s)
    34.5%
  12. Other

11 vote(s)
    19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    best in the world... is survarium... best graphics support dx12 next year and amazing dynamic lights and badass tesselation... best enviroment i have ever seen in my life and top all that its Free lol

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It's slow and repetitive. Don't get me wrong, i'm in beta too, playing when i can but i feel something is missing.

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    #1 WoW
    #2 ArcheAge
    #3 SWTOR
    #4 ESO
    #5 Finaly Fantasy A Realm Reborn

These are my top5 MMO's atm.

Looking forward to ArcheAge and Warlords of Dreanor Expansion for WoW.

4. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    GW2 is best atm. SuperGfx, no monthly fees, instant coop features, great soundtrack, dynamic storylines.

5. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    From what i've played i'd have to go with GW2.

6. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    Technological wise:

Also Crysis, Metro and similar games are all 32-bit programs, they can't use over 4GB of RAM even with a memory leak, Survarium on the other hand is a modern 64 bit game, it can freely use up to 192GB if it needs to and frequently uses a fair chunk of my 8GB RAM, way more than the 4GB you have now which is all needed to store and buffer the textures for your GPU to process and show you the lovely shinys on your monitor

its repetetive because its still on beta stage where they only have one mod which is teamfight.

u didnt see the freeopen world mod or co-op yet!

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Wildstar is my favorite. Next is World of Warcraft, followed by Guild Wars 2

8. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I'd probably cast my vote to Guild Wars 2.... mostly because the lack of subscription fee while still maintaining a decent level of polish. I can't really dedicate enough time to make MMOs worthwhile these days. And even then, I get bored after a few weeks.

I had lot of fun in Tera. Mostly for the combat. Everything felt very copypasta though. Questing was so tedious...

9. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Wildstar can be also F2P if you play game alot and buy CREDD for ingame gold, same for EVE online.

10. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    each one costs ~20 for a monthly sub that costs 15, so technically from one very limited PoV yes but also no.

11. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    lol yep. Although I haven't played it personally, I played all of the numbered Ultima games and have heard the stories and tales of UO. It sounds like it was completely balls out, no holds barred PvP and looting until Trammel. I bet it was a wild ride of a game!

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    As much as I hate to say it... it's still WoW, even though for me the true WoW died halfway of WotLK expansion. I played hardcore from from 2005-2009, and it was one of the best gaming experiences I ever had, especially vanilla (I was fortunate to also have a great community on the server I played). Haven't logged my account since sometime before Cataclysm came out.

13. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Wow and GW2. Really looking forward to Warloard of Draenor. GW2 is a good game too and i like the fact that you dont have monthly sub! I couldnt get into RIFT, so ive given up after few attempts. Still to try Wildstar!

14. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    ESO for me all the way...but.....I have only ever played that and SWTOR:)
    I've messed around with other such as wildstar and guild wars 2 but not enough to cast any judgement.

15. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I voted for WoW. It's still the King. I also have LOTRO and Rift installed but only because they went F2P. Tried ESO, didn't like it. Had EVE a while ago and hated it.

16. Kev1

Kev1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX960 4GB
    I picked WoW also. Have been playing so many years now I forget how long its actually been.

Have at least 12 90's, play most every evening of every day. I have made great friends, been in many fun guilds, and just enjoy the whole world and everything there is to do. Also have suffered pinched nerve, carpal tunnel, and a few other health problems from sitting at the computer for hours raiding/questing. It was still fun.

I play other games. Really enjoyed Weapons Factory and Weapons Factory Arena for Quake 2 and Quake 3. Also enjoyed Wizardry 7 and 8, and many others. I had fun with them all, but for me I think wow is the best game I have ever played, and well worth the money.

I know there are many who loved vanilla and don't like current content. For me each expansion has been better than the last, but they were all awesome. I really enjoy the current one, Mists of Pandaria. It is such an immersive and beautiful world.

Do you vanilla purists remember what it was like to walk until level 40? I remember spending whole evenings hiking all over. Getting around was an adventure back then. It still is an adventure, and I have greatly enjoyed the experience.