SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. logansan

logansan Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 750Ti OC
    Please, can you help me?
    How did you solve the problem in more detail?
    Thanks so much for the help.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  2. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I guess it need a fix for injector.
    If I remember right, he said that it need to put the SMAA after the effect of this.

3. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Yeah, that doesn't mean they don't work together bud.

4. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Hate to break it to you but if this(the configurartor) fixes your problem, it's an end user issue not a SweetFX issue. The configurartor is nothing more than a GUI for making presets and semi-auto SweetFX installer, it doesn't change injection method at all.

If you placed them manually to fix, I'm surprised you even had too tbh. xD

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014

5. Khan213

Khan213 Guest

GPU:
    HD 7990
    The matter is some one have to help if he knows anything, the forum makes for helping others.

Secondly the problem was with RadeonPro, injector and also may be end user.

6. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    No one can help much when it comes to Win8.1 because, currently, there is only one solution for SweetFX for DX11 games that works more often than not, RadeonPro. It's a very helpless situation at the moment, least to till (hopefully) Crosire's new injector is ready to be publicly tested.

RadeonPro's injection is actually quite easy to setup, least it was for me. :p

7. isamu99

isamu99 Guest

Thank you so much for that response Zomgerd. I really appreciate it. Quick question....who is K-Putt? Is he the guys that originally developed the CRT effect shader in SweetFX? Does his injector offer even more CRT effects? I'm hoping we get the same amount of options that HLSL for MAME has someday.

8. SplitCoreGaming

SplitCoreGaming Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX660TI
    Thanks for links.
    However using this method with WildStar 64 Bit on DX11 gives a 'Exception Processing Message *mass Numbers*' when using the X64 Dll's. Am I meant to copy them over or leave them in the folder? Or is this caused by also being DX11?
    Thanks.

*Update* using -dx9 with X64 Dll's get's it working great. I thought everything was meant to be Dx11 Ready?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  9. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    K-Putt is a SweetFX preset creator, least that's what he is most known for with the SweetFX Scene. I'm pretty sure he didn't make the CRT shader and this isn't his injector, he just updated boulotaur's injector from 1.4 to 1.5.1 w/ chromatic aberation and no it doesn't add more CRT effects.

Wildstar doesn't work with SweetFX on anything but dx9, it's not just a win8.1 issue. That said Boulotaur's injector is not DX11 ready for win8.1, if it were then win8.1 questions would be a lot easier to handle. :p

10. KIlowat

KIlowat Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660 ti
    If you got windows 8.1 you must move your game files or install your games directly into c:\ or make a folder. Example: c:games\Stalker CoP.
    If you install your games into program files (x86) it won't work.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014

11. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    As KIlowat saying, game need to be outside program files, i have Wildstar in C:\games and DX11 with SweetFX 1.5.1 works just fine.

12. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Interesting.. Can anyone else on win8.1 confirm this works? Because that would be fantastic to have this be multi-confirmed.

by the way KIlowat, Stalker is terrible example as it's a dx9 game.. Dx9 games don't have any issues on win8.1. :p EDIT: I dumbed, didn't realize it has dx11. xD

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  13. KIlowat

KIlowat Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660 ti
    It doesn't matter even if it is dx9 game, when you install it on program files x86 it will not work.

14. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Now that is also interesting because DX9 games are suppose to work fine on win8.1.

15. KIlowat

KIlowat Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660 ti
    Not the game it self, it's the sweetfx that doesn't work.

16. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    I know, SweetFX on DX9 should be working on win8.1 as it wasn't changed in any way.

17. KIlowat

KIlowat Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660 ti
    Only if you install your games directly on C:\

18. logansan

logansan Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 750Ti OC
    Hi.
    I have Windows 8.1.1 x64 and SweetFx (Boulotaur2024) works with Diablo III in C:/Program Files (x86) if I install the files in the game folder as usual.
    I don't know if DIII is DX9 or DX10.

19. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Ya, if SweetFX don't works when it is inside the Program File, then it should be the dll not loaded because of UAC.

Try run the game as Admin should solve it.

20. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    I don't think it has anything to with UAC. I install most of my games to a separate hard drive (therefore outside of program files directory). I'm using Windows 8.1 64-bit, tried launching The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (DX11) but was not successful. Did not have any issues with DX9 games though. The main issue is dxgi.dll, it has been updated with the 8.1 update. So the dxgi.dll with the SweetFX bundle needs to be updated as well. Hopefully all of our problems will be solved when eFX comes out.

I wish we could have an adaptive injection method like the one in RadeonPro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.