Slipstreaming Sata Drivers please help!

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by killallthattry, Feb 18, 2012.

1. killallthattry

killallthattry Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 SC
    Hello fellow gurus,

I am having big problems with slipstreaming sata drivers onto a windows xp professional sp2 cd. Now I have tried everything read all tutorials but none of them is specific enough to understand. I have a Panasonic CF-W8EW... to fix for my uncle but as u probably already know the the windows cd does not have sata drivers on it so I cant install windows.

I am using this program nLite which helps in isntalling the drivers onto the windows cd. When trying add the sata drivers onto the cd I cannot see them through nLite. They have to be unpacked and be in .inf format. There is a way of getting the extracted files into .inf format.......that is what I don't understand how to do. Please help me out I have sat here for 10 hours no lie trying to figure this out.

Here is the link to the sata drivers I have download maby u guys will have better luck than me......

http://tpgweb2.net/panasonic/CF-W8_Win7_Drivers.zip

You have to extract it and then extract it once more. Once you get a folder full of drivers it will be named......

"ahci_8.9.0.1023_s8n8f8r8w8t8y8_x_w7xp_d090896"

That is the SATA driver I am talking about I have no idea how to get it to work with nLite.

Please help! If you can get it to be to to what its supposed to be please send it to my email killallthattry@yahoo.com:biggun:

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    If you have a newer XP disk it may come with sata drivers already, if it doesn't you'll need to load the drivers onto a floppy. During the install it will ask you to press F6 if you want to load extra drivers.

When you press F6 it will ask you where to install SATA drivers from, insert the floppy and select the driver you want to load...if your install disk has SP2 integrated then chances are SATA drivers are already on the disk.

3. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
  4. killallthattry

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 SC
    Hey guys thank you for the reply's...I don't own a floppy drive like most of us here.

I have tried this but I do not understand how to do it. I extract the driver just like it says to do but nLite is not seeing it.:biggun:

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Have you actually tried to install XP yet?

6. killallthattry

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 SC
    Yes I have multiple times......ether I get a blue screen or "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer." :biggun:

7. killallthattry

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 SC
  8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Is there an option in the bios to set the drives to IDE mode?

9. killallthattry

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 SC
    Nope no option like that.:biggun:

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    what options do have listed under storage devices?