Have you ever destroyed Hardware Purposefully through RAGE!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Veteran, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    2 Keyboards, standard cheapo Ms ones, so not much harm :p I've a fancy expensive one now, so cant afford to break it

Not hardware, but i once broke the glass on a door by kicking it too hard after PVPing in a mumorpeger for too many hours and getting annoyed by some imba class. aaah good ol'days

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Oh yes...

mostly gamepads thrown against the floor when those darn Canadians score with a cheapo shot and tie the game in the last second in NHL.

Plus, can't recall why anymore (guess I was drunk at the time) but once I slammed my fist as hard as I could on my keyboard.

Replacing the keyboard the next day didn't bother me as much as picking up the pieces of the old one, they went everywhere.

And I never found the "Any" key ;)

3. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Not hardware but I broke a dinner plate when I launched my 360 controller because of the absolutely awful controls in Sonic Unleashed!

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Never, my stuff tend to not break easily. :D

5. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    I broke the 'B' button off from my CBM 64 when I was 14.

The game that inspired such rage was 'Pit Stop II' an all time classic.

Why the 'B' button ? It just happened to be the button that flew off when I down thumped my lovely Commodore 64.

I hid it from my dad who also played the same machine for over 2 years by gluing it back on, before confessing one night when drunk for one of my first times.

When I told him he didn't seem bothered at all. Instead he asked me what the melted mark that was on the top of the machine. I had completely failed to even bother covering that one up, happy in my ignorance thinking it had gone unnoticed.

I told him it was a matchstick that one of my friends had dropped on the machine that had caused it.
    He seemed satisfied with that answer.

Several years later still when reminiscing with my old fella this subject was brought up.
    As it turns out he didn't believe it all ! He must have been cutting me some slack.
    The truth had came out after that.

I had been playing truancy from school with two of my pals, we smoked some dope and whilst doing so managed to get a bling burn on my CBM 64!