24: Live Another Day

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by PhazeDelta1, May 6, 2014.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Tonight's episode was great. Did anyone else watch it?

2. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Good to see Jack Bauer back in action.

3. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    I thought it was pretty bad, of course FOX stereotyping Muslims is nothing new. Just be vigilant watching this show its a well known propaganda fountain for the ignorant. You're not gonna spend millions of dollars doing something not on purpose. I don't mean to change the conversation but that's just how I look at the program. The original series just exacerbated tensions when it first came out in the U.S. Honestly to me the show is pretty corny, its a wanna be James Bond

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    When did 24 come back? Awsome show.

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It came back on last night. It's only 12 episodes with each one being 2 hrs each. Fox is contemplating making it a yearly thing depending on how this one goes.

6. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    I never watched 24 when it was on back in the day, but after it showed up on Netflix I slammed back all 8 seasons in record time. I watch a lot of TV series and I'm pretty confident that it is one of the best that I've seen. It's much better on something like Netflix too since you can basically watch it in 24 hour movie segments.

I'm really excited about the new show but I'm not sure if I should wait until it's all over and binge. Also hope they keep bringing it back.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    last nights was 2 hours or 1 hr?

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Well technically it was 2 1hr episodes.

9. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    JACK'S BACK! I can't help linking some of the characters though... I mean, Kate Morgan (Yvonne Strahovski) is Dexter's girlfriend, and Margot Al-Harazi (Michelle Fairley) is Catelyn Stark... Not such a big deal that they used Stephen Fry as the Prime Minister, but still it kinda bugs me!

It doesn't help that I watched Pompeii recently and spent the whole film wondering why Jack Bauer was dressed like a Roman =P

10. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Gonna wait for the Bluray box. :) its what i always do. Sometimes i watched 1 box on 1 weekend. Great series.

11. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF

Why am I not surprized by this.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    OK. So apparently FOX isn't going by the 2 x 12 episodes. There are going to be jumps forward in time between certain episodes. Gay, but I'll take it. Another good episode though.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I'll watch the older seasons first before i watch it, some say it's a standalone and still season 8 has to do with it so won't risk it.

I loved 24, i sure hope i can find the episode i left off with.

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    TBH I do not remember any bad episodes of 24, prob my favorite action series show. Though the Star Trek series (all) has always been my favorite of all time.

15. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Looking at the 5/19 episode, and the history between Jack and Heller, why didnt Heller call BS to his advisors advise?

16. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Seems to be the case for a lot of US television these days.

I saw an episode of Judge Judy and this black dude bought a car from an Indian (the country) guy for 5 grand cash and got ripped off.

At the end of the program he goes, he probably just wanted to send it "back to Taliban" hahahaha.

The Indian fella is obviously American though because his reply was "WHAT!? IM NOT FROM THERE!"

Americans aren't the most knowledgeable people about things that happen outside of their own country, and this is the sort of thing you get as a result.

17. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Fox TV series 24 was one of the first tv shows to present us with a black president and a woman president. Didn't seem to me like they were stereotyped.

After the series final, does anyone have any thoughts on what Fox's future plans are for Jack?

18. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    FOX left the door open with the way it ended. I would definitely like to see another run of 24.