Windows 8 #2

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by hallryu, Jan 31, 2013.

1. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    did anybody else get bsod when installing the april update for acronis.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  2. JoeyJoeJoe5500

JoeyJoeJoe5500 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB
    I'm never going to use Windows 8, its terrible. I'm dual booting Win7, and Linux. Thats all I need.

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    .... my guess is yet another person who thinks he knows everything about what he's talking about because he saw a commercial or watched a video....

4. JoeyJoeJoe5500

JoeyJoeJoe5500 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB
    Win8 is a pointless OS that should have never gotten released.

5. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    You're starting to sound like someone else who made an attempt to talk smack about Windows 8 acting like he knew everything there was to know about the OS when he practically didn't even touch it.

6. JoeyJoeJoe5500

JoeyJoeJoe5500 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB
    Well lets see...the differences between 7 and 8....8 is a little lighter MAYBE, a couple minor desktop UI tweaks, and metro... wow what a difference!!! totally worth $200!!

Everyone knows that Win8 was just a quick and cheap cash in on the mobile market.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  7. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Oh yea... i forgot.... cause Microsoft TOTALLY didn't need to have an OS that worked on Tablets, too. My bad. I didn't realize it was just a quick cash cow. Oh wait... what's that? They were offering the Windows 8 Pro Upgrade for $40 for the first like 3 months the OS was available? Damn... they're REALLY trying to get people to pour millions and millions into the OS, aren't they?

Dude....You've never even used the OS..... you obviously fail at trolling.... and you're about 3-4 months late to the game. Just quit while you're already FAAAAAAAARRRR behind.

8. JoeyJoeJoe5500

JoeyJoeJoe5500 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB
    Thats because MS knew nobody wanted it. And its not like they couldn't make a separate OS for tablets, or make metro optional on desktops/laptops, would that have killed them? And I have used it, didn't like it, its just 7 with metro, not nearly enough reason to upgrade. And your an obvious microsoft sheep who will buy and praise any piece of garbage they make.

9. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I actually didn't buy Windows 7.... so that throws your opinion about that right out the window. And it's not because they knew nobody wanted it. IIRC, they had a similar deal when Windows 7 was first released. As for making a separate OS.... uuh.... i'm sorry, but if i'm going to have a separate Tablet OS, i'd prefer there be just as much of a development team working on one as there is on the other. Why not have the OS work on both? And it makes it even better when it's a Windows 8 tablet based on an x86 processor, then you have a full-fledged desktop OS in a tablet, not some watered down crap. "Make metro optional"? You sound EXACTLY like the one dude who kept ranting and raving about how much Metro sucks and how much he hates having to use it even though he only actually used Windows 8 for like 5 minutes on a friends computer or something like that. Look at how often you use the Start menu in your BELOVED Windows 7. That's about how much you'll ever see Metro. If not for a shorter period of time. Metro is just a tablet-friendly Start Menu. Hence why it says "Start" in the top left corner when it's open. Nothing more, nothing less. Navigating the Windows 7 start menu with a sub-10" touchscreen would be a NIGHTMARE, unless the tablet was running at a pretty low resolution.

Looking at your post history, it seems like the VAST majority of your 31 posts so far have just been in windows 8-related threads posting in a trolling fashion... I can't believe you actually said in one of your posts "I'm all for change".... yet when market trends change and lead to a change in the Start menu to acclimate a tried and true system to also work on a growing platform, suddenly it's like blasphemy? Get real.

But whatever dude... i'm done. I don't want to turn this thread back a couple notches to the way it was up until like late January with that guy trying to prove he was right with his complete lack of experience with the OS.... It's not going to happen. Go to a different forum.... hell, a different SITE if you want to rant about how much you feel Windows 8 sucks from that same lack of experience with it. It's not going to start back up. Just unsubscribe from this thread (or stop clicking refresh over and over... who knows how obsessed with your opinion you are), and never return to it..... let it continue as it was.

Post here again, and I will use that lovely little report button. Trying to force your opinion of something on someone else won't work. I've been using Windows 8 since it came out.... and have absolutely no gripes about it, as to a lot of people in this thread.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I like Windows 8...

*backs away slowly*

11. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    No need to feed the trolls and people who never used W8 ,please keep your mouth shut.
    Speak only you have heavily used it .

12. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I like how we are on page 9 of a second thread and people are still repeating themselves over and over. "I hate it" "well blah blah" "troll,troll" "my opinion is fact"
    It's quite amusing, it's no longer a discussion, it's a pissing contest. Actually it never was a discussion.

13. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    it was quiet here and then it got really loud.....

anyways

I got tired of shift f8 not working or for some reason the system would restart when holding shift f8

I went and enabled legacy boot and system still boots up fast and now I just have to press f8 and it actually works.

I needed to get to safe mode yesterday because display drivers got corrupted and needed to uninstall the drivers and it took 5 times to actually bring up darn screen to select safe mode.

14. Fox102383

Fox102383 Guest

I have windows 8 pro and i've been using for about a week now.

it really doesn't seem as bad as people make it out to be,lol of course i started out on MS-DOS back in the day.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Is there somewhere to see what bugs Microsoft is working on? or somewhere to Submit bugs?

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Might be for developers but not for consumners

17. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Yes, to get into safe mode because you can't start Windows, you first have to get into Windows and select to start it to show the menu. Makes sense, like many other of Microsoft's decisions of late.

18. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Decided to give 8 a second chance.. this time around i'm enjoying it much more.

I'm not getting ANY of the weird issues i had before... maybe now that drivers, patches, and other things are more updated. I really just like how fast it is... it's faster then 7 on my system. Everything seems to race along really nice. I even got a little metro start button via a prog called classic shell and its working perfectly.

Ok well there is only one major problem i could not resolve.. could not for the life of me get Hamachi to work properly... and i tried everything! but i have found a better alternative anyway now and it works even better --> called Comodo Unite. Just in case anyone has a similar problem.

19. doodle333

doodle333 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7870 2Gb
  20. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Can't say that i have. Don't really have a need to bring back the original Start menu... because i don't really miss it. Rarely ever used it, just like i rarely ever see Metro.