GTX 570 + [any_cheap_card] = 3 monitors?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by proton_chain, May 7, 2012.

1. proton_chain

proton_chain Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB
    Well, I have a Radeon HD 5850 now and I was thinking about upgrading to an Nvidia card, mainly because I work with programs from Adobe, Autodesk etc. and they don't have much support for AMD-ATI users. This is why I am thinking about selling the 5850 (with all its eyefinity glory). Whatever, that's not the question here.

GTX 570 supports 2 monitors at max. I may need 2 extra monitors in future if my workload increases. So, if I buy a very low end card and connect the third monitor to it, will it be working fine? I am not looking for any extra power from that card like dedicated PhysX or something, I just want to use it for the third monitor. I will buy the cheapest card that I can find.

Please note that I MAY (so checking beforehand) use 3 monitors in future, but that's just for extending my desktop so that I can work more efficiently. Its NOT for gaming, I'll just game on one monitor.

2. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio 4090 W/C
  3. iako

iako Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
    I ran an 8800GTS 512 with a 7950GT in the same rig and had 4 screens running Logic Audio..

You should be able to run 3 or 4 screens too.. 2 per card.

4. Zboe

Zboe Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 970
    As far as I am aware you can do exactly what you describe.

That Galaxy card should do the job as well if you want to to try a single card solution.

5. proton_chain

proton_chain Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB
    Hmm... I was right then. Now I can upgrade without worrying about display outputs.

Thanks, everyone. And thank you JJayzX for the link.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014