BF4 3770k 4.8 Ghz

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by oOEvil1Oo, Jan 20, 2014.

1. oOEvil1Oo

oOEvil1Oo Guest

GPU:
    2x 770 MSI Lightning
    Someone may have already brought this up, if so sorry!

I have a 3770k running a 4.8Ghz, with 16GB of 1866 ram, and 2x MSI 770 lightnings. Playing battlefield 4 is demolishing my CPU running 75-95% usage. Is anyone else having this issue? I have read that they wrote the game like this to put some relief on the GPU's but at what cost? This processor is by no means slow, but is it a bottleneck? Basically why is this running like this and is it causing any of the issues that are in the game, like crashes etc. Or should I just chalk it up that the game is coded horribly and using more resources than it should. Which is what I think it is, but would just like other people with similar builds input. Thanks

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    unpark your cpu cores, Veteran has a link, find him in dayz thread. :)

3. oOEvil1Oo

oOEvil1Oo Guest

GPU:
    2x 770 MSI Lightning
    Yeah, I have them unparked. I did just figure out though the higher I run my cards, the more the CPU usage drops. It has to be something in the code. If I push the resolution scaling up it goes down, but the GPU's go up. Its weird but oh well. So if I push it to 150%, my CPU usage drops to around 55-60%. Who knows, I give up at this point! :bang:

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    heh that's normal, it means you're stressing your gpus more at higher reso scale.

As for high cpu usage, blame it on SLI.. 1 gpu will have lower cpu usage and stress it less.
    Btw such high cpu usage all the time is called cpu bottleneck.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    That's normal.

6. oOEvil1Oo

oOEvil1Oo Guest

GPU:
    2x 770 MSI Lightning
    Yeah it would seem like a bottleneck but I don't think it really is, I think its just the crap game at this point because of all the other games I have from AC4 to Borderlands 2, and Batman AO, nothing else even comes close to 50% usage while in game with everything cranked. Also I just tested BF4 with LOW everything and motion blur off etc. and my CPU was still using that insane amount even though my cards would not even boost on that. Oh well, Like I said originally I just am not sure if there is some way to shut something off or not, it runs smooth, and its not like I lock up or blue screen during game play.

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Well yeah ofc because the more you lower the graphics settings the faster the GPU can render frames, which means the CPU must work harder to keep up.

You can slow everything down by capping the fps with RTSS.

8. oOEvil1Oo

oOEvil1Oo Guest

GPU:
    2x 770 MSI Lightning
    Thanks for the all the input, I just never could imagine this running this way compared to other games I play.

9. youngspawn98

youngspawn98 Guest

GPU:
    R9280X-DC2-3GD5
    Well i havnt had issue in beta or now, and i played on oke lvl, but iam back to MMO HC pveing, so i dont have time to BF4, but i had unparked the core and i have a 3770k too. No problem here, Using SSD x2 one to OS and one for games, and 8gb 1800mhz ram. Well What do you go for? High setting that blinding you to death so you get no killz? :D Or Do you want low/mixed with some high setting and high fps and alot of killz :) Well it also depends on the player but i havnt drop under 80fps, my is stable around 140 or it go around 90-160. Depends on situation. Well Clean you pc, update every thing, driver and DirectX too and then download a clean BF4. :)?

10. youngspawn98

youngspawn98 Guest

GPU:
    R9280X-DC2-3GD5
    And by the way donĀ“t install something you dont need :) because i watched some of the pro streamer talk about that some program, corrupt pc and affect games.