Razer Launches 17-inch Razer Blade Pro Laptop With GTX 1080 and i7-7820HK CPU

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    I am with you as I type this out on a 3K 15.6" MSI laptop with a GTX 970 mobile in it (which I only very occasionally use for gaming).

I cast my eyes left and I have a table dedicated to gaming with a Scan 3XS SLI system, a Dell U2711 monitor, Creative Soundworks 5.1 sound, Corsair K70 keyboard, wired gaming mouse.

But it takes up the entire table and I have a small desk next to it for my laptop :)

One day I might not want my study so dominated by gaming kit and then an Alienware or MSI 17" gaming laptop would make sense, albeit expensive sense with limited ability to upgrade etc.

I won't be spending Razer crazy money on this laptop, that's for sure
    And I ain't forgotten that I started gaming on a laptop.................

3. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'm mostly happy about the fact were moving away from mobile parts and are just using normal desktop parts, it makes the differences in performance between laptop and desktop that much smaller (though overclocking for the most part seems to be mute in mnay cases). Prices still seem off on laptops however

I still think gaming laptops are more for people often on the move rather than just gaming at home, though i know many who game at home on a laptop (to my confusion) since they often payed way more for a laptop than a desktop would cost.

4. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Razer is so overpriced - I'll buy a MSI over $1000 less; still over $1000 more than a desktop. But I like a device that's movable.

5. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    You could build a desktop with that spec for around $1600