ccc 12.1/12.2 wont start

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by xtremedod, Mar 20, 2012.

1. xtremedod

xtremedod Guest

GPU:
    HIS 6870 1GB
    I've been using ccc and driver 12.1 pack downloaded from amd website , tried to update to 12.2.
    To delete 12.1 forst i used windows uninstaller , then in safe mode driver sweeper , restart in normal mode and 12.2 ccc and driver were installed correctly.
    CCC didnt start so i did de uninstaller and driver sweeper steps again and nothing.
    I decided to format my pc and make a fresh w7x64 install , even that after install the ccc didnt start.
    I started to search about this issue , and this is what i did "without solve any problem" :

*uninstall ccc and drivers with windows uninstaller.
    *in safe mode run driver sweeper to remove files and registry.
    *delete manually ati folders and registry folders.
    *tried to delete Public Key Token "90ba9c70f846762e" in windows/assembly , but that key is not there , even if search in safe mode. Only public key token in "assembly" folder are "31bf3856ad364e35" , "b03f5f7f11d50a3a" and "b77a5c561934e089".
    *tried to uninstall with atiman without luck either.
    *tried to install old ccc and driver 12.1 and nothing.
    *tried to check and uncheck .net framework 3.5

do i need to try something else ?

2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Are you sure you download the full driver package and not the one that is just the drivers, nothing else included, no ccc or other extras.

3. froggyluv

froggyluv New Member

GPU:
    evga 7900 GS
    Hi, being new to ATI, I was having basically the same problems and I must have installed/uninstalled/cleaned like 20 times (was trying to find the right driver for my game) and CCC was often a problem.

Honestly I did everything you did and it just felt like a roll of the dice wether CCC would actualy function or not. One thing is I always did the .Net 4.0 Repair as it seemed something in the process kept corrupting it -dunno for sure. I wanna give ATI a fair shake (after being a lifelong Nvidia holder) but after the MANY threads I've read it just seems like their Drivers/CCC are often on shaky ground.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012