Nintendo Switch Released March 3rd for 299 dollar

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    In portable mode, the Switch is likely just a bit more powerful than the Wii U, so I would agree it's a Wii U mobile.

However, docked, I think it's around twice as powerful.

Wii U Mario Kart is 720p60, Switch docked is 1080p60. Also, in 4 players, the Wii U runs at 30fps, while the Switch is still 60fps.

I don't think it's as powerful as the Xbox one, though. However, as a portable, I think it's at least 10x more powerful than a PS Vita which would/will allow for some interesting games for such a platform.

That's roughly around X360 level of performance in portable mode. Not bad tbh.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yeah the lack of a real dpad is a bit guff, the pro controller still has one, but I can see their thinking behind no dpad on the joycons, since it's two sets of controllers and it'd be difficult to use a dpad like normal buttons when holding only the left oen.

Not that I liked the dpad on either the wii u gamepad or pro controller though. PS4 one is pretty good.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    even at 2x docked which i highly doubt from all i read, it way underpower console.

Will to bet people that buy would be buying as console but as handheld that can be outputted to TV

4. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So no wired lan again without the usb adapter. Funny asking for a subscription for their server access when you have no internet on the go.

6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It's got 5G wifi. Here in the UK with Virgin we get free roaming internet if we have an internet package. The only thing is, Virgin would have to release an app for the Switch to make it work.