ATT makes every other program crash.

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools' started by moeburn, Mar 19, 2013.

1. moeburn

moeburn Guest

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB
    I love Ati Tray Tools, because it is the only way my CrystalFontz LCD module on my tower can display live framerate info during games. So I like to have it running.

Unfortunately, half the games and programs out there do NOT like it. ATT makes everything crash to desktop on launch, including but not limited to: Battlefield 3, Arma 2, Just Cause 2, anything that uses the Installshield installer... there are many more that I can't remember right now. It's become so common that if a program/game doesn't work, the first thing I try is close Ati Tray Tools. And 90% of the time, it works.

What the heck is going wrong here? Are there some settings I can disable to let ATT run just to send my GPU info to my LCD and not make games crash?

2. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    Very strange... Are you overclocking your card at all? And if so, are you doing it through CCC or ATI Tray Tools? Also, turn off the OSD FPS overlay. I found that causes problems in many newer games.

3. moeburn

moeburn Guest

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB
    It's not that strange, I just realised I'm not the first person to post about this on these forums. I'm not overclocking my card at all. And I don't use the OSD FPS overlay, but I just checked and it was set to 'hide' and wasn't actually turned off. I'll see if that helps, thanks.

4. Galnospoke

Galnospoke New Member

ATT is dead, since years. Use on own risk.