Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - NVIDIA
Videocards - NVIDIA This forum is all about NVIDIA graphics cards and their technology. Do you have a question regarding an older GeForce videocard? Want to tell people how stylish a game works on that new shiny watercooled GeForce GTX 580 or SLI gaming rig? Get in here!

DayZ how to get better fps
Old
  (#1)
angmar
Maha Guru

Videocard: Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X
Processor: i7 3770k@ 4.7ghz h20
Mainboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Memory: Mushkin DDR3 1600 16GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: OCZ 600 Watt 80 Plus
Default DayZ how to get better fps - 03-12-2013, 11:43 | posts: 1,129 | Location: Monmouth County, NJ

Ok I noticed when playing DayZ especially when in big city's or on maps like lingor island my fps would dip quite a bit and not because I didn't have enough GPU power most of the time my gpu is sitting around 50 percent and the highest I ever saw was 80 and I still noticed I couldn't keep solid 60 fps an sometimes it would get as low as the 30s.

Anyway long story short I went into driver settings and changed the pre rendered frames from use game defaults and set it to 1 and Arma II runs a HELL of a lot smoother now and it tripled my friends fps who uses a Phenom II x6 with a 570. So....I would def give it a shot and see how ya make out.

This made a huge difference on a i7 3770k so if your using an even slower CPU you will notice much improvement.

edit: ah **** I thought I posted this in the drivers section.......

Last edited by angmar; 03-12-2013 at 11:51.

Old
  (#2)
machete
Member Guru

Videocard: ASUS GTX770 @ 1320/7500
Processor: i5 2500K @ 4.5
Mainboard: Asus P8Z68-M Pro
Memory: Kingston 8gb 1600
Soundcard:
PSU: CoolMaster 600w
Default 03-13-2013, 01:32 | posts: 57

keep your native or what ever resolution but turn down the 3d resolution in video setting and set to high performace mode in nvida settings