GeForce Game Ready Driver 368.39 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Alas, I'm always (well, I tried installing them for testing once on one of my clean installations to see if it fixes the bad stub error, but it didn't) installing it without those two and the bad stub error comes up every time I have any 368.xx driver installed.

I don't use anything from Stardock either. And since the bad stub error also comes up with a completely clean and fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (no programs installed, I've seen this happen with the vanilla and current 1511 live builds as well as the latest insider builds on respective clean installs on three different computers) and just any 368.xx driver installed for me, it's definitely caused by the driver. Not sure why it doesn't happen on some machines, perhaps the driver has an incompatibility with certain other hardware on Windows 10 or something. Not sure.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  2. rstalcup

rstalcup Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX980Ti STRIX 6gb ea
    368.39 Win10 SLI

No Issues, work great, Fallout 4, WoW, Doom 2016, DVD & Blue Ray ripping/playback no Issues, thats at 2560x1080@120hz. Keepers for so far.

3. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    thx for doing the testing. it does narrow it down a bit.

At least we now know it's the core driver, not any of the additional optional services that causes the stub issue.

the hard part now is finding out what it conflicts with on the affected machines that causes the issue only on a specific subset of PC's.

if it happens on a clean both updated and non updated win10 install, that to me suggest it's more likely a conflict between the 36x.xx driver with another piece of hardware or its drivers. Have you guys who have the issue compared your PC's in full detail down to every component? worth a try in a separate thread. Could be something like a conflict between nv's new drivers and realtek drivers or something akin to that.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Well NVtray is installed its not set to autorun or anything though, and the nvidia backend I cant find anything named that in my nvidia folders.

As for applying AA on the fly back then I never new that, I just new back then if the service wasnt runing AA didnt work and I think other settings didnt work either.

Ugh Realtek drivers there is reason why I dont update them no more. that 4+ year issue with system locks happen cause there drivers didnt like HW acceleration with the likes of Flash/java/FF HW those type programs running while have any voice chat program up and running come to mind cause that combination was instane lockup all the time. to bad you really cant get away from realtek onboard audio other then the rare creativelabs solution, you can how ever get away from there nic's

5. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    There's something really wrong in this release.

Afterburner 4.3.0 b3 can't read GPU core/mem frequencies..... (I have a humble 750 Ti)

6. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    If you want to have the correct games profiles you must install it.....and uninstall it after a reboot :p

Base driver package doesn't get the last profiles updates.....

7. narukun

narukun Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 1561/7700
    Nice video, i already subscribed to your channel. I would like to see a video like "nvidia game ready driver" vs normal driver and check if we see any true improvement.

About this driver, same as previous driver, just fine.

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

4.3.0 beta 3 is for Pascal only, there is nothing wrong with driver.

9. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    But it detects correctly the frequencies with other drivers *before* this.....

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    AB 4.3.0 b3 was released fpr 10xx series and it said if you dont have those cards to not use it cause it buggy.

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I can't overclock my GTX 760 at all when using the beta.

12. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I had the problem of not being able to adjust Core/Mem clock with Beta 3 on my 860m laptop. Beta 4 fixed it.

13. Aelders

Aelders Guest

GPU:
    980Ti G1 @ 1490|8000
    Anyone here care to tell me what a bad stub actually is ?

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well ManuelG over on the GeForce.com forum has finally confirmed that they've received my driver feedback on the stub has received bad data and other issues. The question now is can they replicate it and, if so, how long it will take to release a fixed driver?

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    what part of the 4.3.0 betas are for 10xx series and if you dont have those card you shouldnt be using, dont people understand, Unwinder has even said the countless times..

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    My core clock is stuck at 540 after trying to overclock. Is this a driver issue or something else?
    A restart does not fix it.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Try reinstalling the drivers

18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Yep that fixed it. It looks like the driver just failed to reset from the overclock. There was no black screen or anything, it just clocked down and stayed there.

I reinstalled and tried anew and now I got black screen as normal when overclock fails. Managed to hit 1581 before Heaven crashed so I have high hope for good stable clock.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Nice OC if you can stabilise it

Yea, I've had drivers do something similar, locked my PCIe lane to x8, just reinstalling the same driver over the top sorted it

20. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    It was a B3 bug.....no problem with B4.