want new gaming laptop but unsure which to get.

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by Autarch20, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Autarch20

Autarch20 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX FE 1080
    i found 2 new lappys that i know will be suitable but one of them has ddr4 ram and skylake at the helm...

the dilemma that i have is that the ROG g751jt is one i have had before and sold (was in a financial pinch at the time) and i absolutelly love the g751jt

here are the two in question:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

and

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=A2TC87EJKQMY9O

there are some major differences and some minor.

the g752vt's price is basically all i will be willing to spend also... no more.

ideas?

also if you have better ideas at those prices for a core i7 laptop with a gtx970m and 16gb ram thats NOT ASUS let me know

2. haz_mat

haz_mat Guest

GPU:
    1070 FE
    The MSI GE72 is comparable the ones you linked - Xotic is also a reputable reseller of these from what I've heard: link - amazon

My GE62 is working nicely for me, been about three months since i bought it. Pretty much the same specs as what I linked but 15" instead of 17" - the 970m really pulls its weight, I'm quite happy with it. I believe these broadwell generation ones have three internal M.2 slots for future ssd upgrades, one of which supports pcie.

If you want Skylake for ddr4 and nvme it might be worth the extra cost, but my laptop with the stock non-pcie ssd is already quite snappy. When I bought mine the skylake edition without ssd was easily $300 more depending on the seller. There are GE72 models with skylake if you shop around, I think Xotic offers a few.

If you want to kick up the budget a bit, I hear the MSI Ghost series is good for packing a punch in a thin-and-light.

3. Autarch20

Autarch20 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX FE 1080
    msi mobos are great quality (i usually try to stick ith msi, or asus). so i assume the laptops they make are pretty solid as well... ill have to check into those. thx