Screen Help

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by davewhit, Aug 25, 2016.

1. davewhit

davewhit Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 240
    Hi guys can someone help please, not sure if its drivers problem but occasionally when i boot my PC up the bootom and right side of my screen have come in so it not at the resolution and has black borders. Once i am in windows i can go to settings and re apply the resolution that fixes it back to normal but its a pain. cheers dave

Windows 10 64Bit
    Radeon R7 200
    AMD driver 16.8.2 but gone back to 16.7.3
    8GB Ram

2. Andr3w

Andr3w Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 370 / 2Gb
    Hello there :) ! The first thing that comes in my mind is you can check in the AMD Catalyst Control Center if the GPU scalling feature is set to any value other than default (wich should be no GPU scalling by default).

3. davewhit

davewhit Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 240
    thank you andrew checked that and says its off

4. davewhit

davewhit Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 240
    as i said it only does it occassionally which is strange and only started recently too

5. Andr3w

Andr3w Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 370 / 2Gb
  6. davewhit

davewhit Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 240
    thank you mate my monitor is fairly new yet no drivers for windows 10 so i think that may be the issue, windows only see it as a generic

7. Andr3w

Andr3w Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 370 / 2Gb
    You're welcome :) Maybe this is the issue ! Keep an eye for drivers when they get released ! :)

8. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    what display are you using and how is it hooked up? hdmi? any adapters? double check your resolution and refresh rate as well. You might try unplugging the cable and plugging it back in...it CAN glitch sometimes

something tells me your possibly using a tv as a display? regarding the driver for the display lol almost 90% of displays just use the generic driver no problem, as does mine! I suspect that part is not the issue, IMO.

could be a setting on the display itself....I would at least take a look.:)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016