HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    You are right, I seemed to have messed up that link. Fixed it.

It looks subtle in the forest scene, but trust me it's good and noticeable in gameplay elsewhere as shown in the other shots.. 31 looks like crap, 37 blends in very well. I only chose the forest scene to showcase it because it's the one with the most problems blending.

2. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    Anything for Batman Telltale Series?

3. I'm about to get the game too- try 0x00000010, it's the same engine as The Wolf Among Us.

4. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    its DX11 where Wolf Among Us was D3D9E

5. wisebear

wisebear Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Duke
    Could anyone on 369.09 please confirm that the hbao+ profiles .dlls are not in their usual location? (c:\Windows\System32, SySWoW64, etc)

I can't seem to find them anywhere, but NVInspector seems to still apply normal profiles just fine.

6. Ah, I see. Unfortunate, that probably means the SGSSAA bits we have for the engine won't work either.

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Seems like might be a W10 issue maybe with the update through Windows itself maybe? Wait until it's available from Nvidia maybe..
    Another one bites the dust! Though honestly, DX9 is like a dead horse at this point. It's just a shame developers don't care about AA and other than DX9, forcing AA is kaput.

8. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Too bad, since SGSSAA works so well in "The Wolf Among Us".
    Native 4K + 8xSGSSAA really looks like a true comic book in motion :)

BTW the new LEGO Star Wars game at least has a DX9 version, so most likely forced AA would be doable here:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=11113074&postcount=2289

9. Echo

Echo Guest

GPU:
    GTX970
    The HBAO+ flag for Far Cry 2 (0x00000031) is not working well for me at all, the post said it was flawless but there's immediately obvious bleeding issues everywhere.

imgur.com /xWBK5N1.jpg
    imgur.com /RUADdor.jpg

10. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    That was posted initially using a 16:10 resolution. Try creating a custom 16:10 resolution like 2560x1600 just to try it out and see if it makes a difference.

If not, then it could probably be fixed with modifying the driver .dlls but that's a pain in the ass.

11. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Well, it has been years since I tested this on my old GTX 780 SLI system in Windows 7.
    Which OS, driver and GPU are you using?
    Ingame settings etc.

Sometimes HBAO+ flags can be highly GPU and OS dependent.

Edit:

I just remembered, that I tested DX9 HBAO+ in Far Cry 2 with the ingame "Post" setting set to "Low, which disables depth of field.
    This is necessary for perfect SGSSAA with "0x000010C1" without blurring issues.

Perhaps that is the reason you see bleeding?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  12. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    Messing with effect parameters should help FC2, at least make it playable in those scenes, try some different values for AO Fog Fade Off Factor or AO Multiplier. I will try some hex editing too during this weekend.

13. Echo

Echo Guest

GPU:
    GTX970
    That is with post set to low, everything else maxed out in DX9 mode, I was copying your settings :p

I'm using a GTX970 on Windows 10 (372.54 driver)

I also tried 0x0000002D and had the same issues.

I'm not really familiar with the driver dll editing, sorry I can't help out there.

14. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    - How to Survive 2 -

Flags: 0x000D0000 (Flickering) or 0x00020000 (Stronger Effect)

Comparison
    No AO
    HBAO+ 0x000D0000
    HBAO+ 0x00020000

Notes: Haven't noticed any bleeding nor flickering.
    Actually both flags are very stable, they share almost the same insertion logic bits F6 35 00 89/88, so if you spot any situation where AO turn on/off, the issue will probably appear with both flags.

Update: Found some flickering in some scenes with flag 0x000D0000, 0x00020000 is working better, couldn't find flickering with it yet!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  15. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    Does the official flag actually work for the DX10 version? It looks better and runs better in DX10 so I was hoping to get it working in DX10

16. sqwerty

sqwerty Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Any chance of a Deus Ex: Mankind Divided flag? The ingame AO is obnoxiously strong and prone to haloing.

17. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    What official flag? AA or HBAO+ ?
    I was talking about the possibility of forced DX9 SGSSAA in LEGO :)

Regarding "The Wolf Among Us", this only has a DX9 version.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  18. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Use AO 'On' instead of 'Very High'

19. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Some screenshot comparisons could be interesting.
    Does the "On" and "Very High" settings use different AO methods, or are they both SSAO implementations?

20. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    On

Very High

Very High increases radius/distant coverage but removes AO close to camera (player arms/hands, gun, and bicycle handlebars). Very High has noticeable spatial and temporal artifacts (e.g. crevices on left building).

Both use AMD GPUOpen AOFX (HDAO).

P.S. Not shown but perf difference between 'On' and 'Very High' is almost nothing (1 FPS). 'On' looks better IMO. Hopefully Nixxes fixes AO like they did with CHS last patch (CHS was not rendering distant shadows at all pre-patch).

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016