Lg g3 q

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by moab600, Mar 8, 2015.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Hello i've replaced my GS3 with G3 and i'm very happy :D

Now i would like to know, in the samsung Galaxy s3 under the display options, i had an options to change the display mode to Normal, natural, adaptive and dynamic.

I don't see those option on the LG G3, is there anything like it?

Plus, to those of you who installed custom roms, what is the best kitkat and Lollipop rom?

Thanx.

2. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    I got myself a G3 and love it!, but unsure what settings you are refering to? Is it brightness settings? I belive you only have "Auto" as option.

I have yet had need to install custom rom, waiting for proper AOSP version, but if have to choose i would choose Lollipop since it's fully supported by the G3.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I updated to Lollipop official via LG PC Suite, it a bit slower than 4.4.2 and seems to drain more battery, not sure about that.

What i refer is this http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2013/09/what-is-the-galaxy-s4-adaptive-display/

4. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    After the first update to Lollipop, yes the battery was horrible, but they released a new update little under a month or so ago that seemed to have corrected it. I can go 2-3 days without charging the phone with moderate use.

I think the auto setting under brightness in display settings is more or less the same as adaptive screen "Brightness will be changed automatically depending on the surrounding lightning." which is basically what adaptive screen does.

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    it not the same. adpative display changes the colors on your display permanently regardless what lvl of brightness u have.

Samsung have along side with that, adaptive brightness the two co exist in perfect harmony.

Just wish LG had that.

6. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Unable to locate any settings that does this automatically, but you can ajust the colors from Accessibility > Color adjustment

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've not done this myself but people are saying that one should do a full factory reset when upgrading to Lollipop. Apparently fixes a lot of issues and another good thing to do might be to install Nova Launcher since it's way faster than stock. Not done that myself either though since it's a pain to remake all folders, replace all widgets and stuff.